• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Saw the first American Pie movie in a packed theatre, probably seemed 30% funnier than it actually was with the whole crowd laughing so much. Probably a similar experience with Dumb and Dumber.

And a big thumbs-up for the early Steve Martin comedies, The Jerk and Planes Trains and Automobiles are brilliant, along with my personal favourite L.A. Story.
Love those Steve Martin movies. The Jerk>>>

LeafOfFaith

I swear, I remember almost pissing in my pants during those scenes the first time I saw them.

Since then, I still laugh at them, but the first few times, whether it was because I was younger or whatever, they fucking killed me.

Hoss

I watched the jerk recently with my 12 year old and he was laughing a lot......he doesn't laugh to all.of the things that I found funny.

My all time favourite though are the Marx brothers. That is timeless comedy

LeafOfFaith

I watched the jerk recently with my 12 year old and he was laughing a lot......he doesn't laugh to all.of the things that I found funny.

My all time favourite though are the Marx brothers. That is timeless comedy
Groucho is one of my all time favorites. I've read all the books he's written, plus biographies others wrote. They were fucking hilarious and still would be today against the best of the comedy out there.

Groucho's resting place is actually at a cemetery here where a few relatives of mine were buried. You would honestly cry over what he's got. There's a tiny room where they have like these little cubbies the size of mail slots. He was cremated and shoved in this miniscule slot. It's almost impossible to find (I had to really look for it when I was there for someone else), and yet some know of it and have the signature Groucho classes and mustache props hanging in front of it.

LeafOfFaith

I think what I found so funny about that scene is how out of left field it was as I was watching the movie. It's like that con just came out of nowhere and fucking surprised and killed me at the same time. It was almost too good. The scene where Michael Caine is whipping his legs to get him to walk again was also fucking priceless.

zeke

the moment Eric idle tells us to go fuxk ourselves after trekking over Europe to show us his French birthplace kills me every time.