• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

LeafOfFaith

It's deeply flawed, but people went overboard over reports of the budget. Apparently Spielberg warned Costner to not film all scenes on the open water and he did not listen. The sets sank and needed to be rebuilt.
Come on, it was terrible from top to bottom. I don't care about its box office bust status, and no tweak like filming some scenes on land would've made a difference. It was a terrible story, terrible writing, terrible acting, lame action, just garbage overall. I remember being all excited to see it in theaters after all the hype, and I remember my friends and I going on the first day it was released (pretty sure we saw it at Promenade back in the day). We all walked out like what in the **** was that trash? I recently saw a bit of it on tv and was reminded of how shitty it actually was. Make a tv series based on it? Nah.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
I don't know, I liked it when he dropped the flare in the oil tanker and the guy stuck down there measuring said "oh thank God".

Best part of the movie.

LeafGm

I honestly remember enjoying the movie when I watched it. Sure, it was super cheesy, unrealistic and full of holes, but it was a fun movie with a cool concept and cool sets. And Dennis Hopper was a really good villain in it.

Though I wasn't even a teenager yet when it came out and I probably haven't seen it since then, so I don't know how it'd hold up on a re-watch.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Come on, it was terrible from top to bottom. I don't care about its box office bust status, and no tweak like filming some scenes on land would've made a difference. It was a terrible story, terrible writing, terrible acting, lame action, just garbage overall. I remember being all excited to see it in theaters after all the hype, and I remember my friends and I going on the first day it was released (pretty sure we saw it at Promenade back in the day). We all walked out like what in the **** was that trash? I recently saw a bit of it on tv and was reminded of how shitty it actually was. Make a tv series based on it? Nah.
Movies like Waterworld are called "guilty pleasures" and they garner cult followings. There are plenty of cult classics that aren't that great but are fun to watch.

LeafOfFaith

Movies like Waterworld are called "guilty pleasures" and they garner cult followings. There are plenty of cult classics that aren't that great but are fun to watch.
I acknowledge the existence of guilty pleasures, but Waterworld is not one of them.

Reactions: CH1