• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

JackBurton

Insomnia is one of the better remakes. I do think it would have been stronger with different actors than Pacino and Williams (And i love both).

LeafOfFaith

Dark Knight (Joker) was literally a perfect movie that would've been more perfect without the tugboat bomb filler.

Dark Knight Rises was not great, and the ending was absolutely horrible. Bruce is dead? Terrible. Bruce is alive but living anonymously abroad? Terrible. That scene with "Robin" when this was a closed-ended trilogy? Stupid. Destroyed it for me the way the last season of GOT destroyed the near-perfection that preceded it.

JackBurton

I'm a sucker for films like MIdsummer and Wickerman, so it was my thing, but the new HBO show, The Third Day had a fantastic 1st episode. Jude Law is great in it. It grabbed me from the first scene. Excited to see where it's going.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Anyone watching Lovecraft County? Watched the first episode yesterday and it is pretty strange.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy

Henry Cavill has signed a 3 picture deal with the WB to return as Superman. Also has options to appear in other DC Comic movies like Shazam, Flash and Black Adam movies.

LeafGm

Henry Cavill has signed a 3 picture deal with the WB to return as Superman. Also has options to appear in other DC Comic movies like Shazam, Flash and Black Adam movies.

I like him in the role, but not so much any of the movies he’s been in so far.

Would be nice if they could find a sweet spot somewhere between the ridiculously campy Christopher Reeve movies and the new overly dark & gritty Superman movies.