• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

personally i thought Rey was great, and Po, and the only one that bugged me in these new ones was Finn. i even loved the frustrated insecure Kylo.

that being said, I don't mind your criticism of the movies. even if i think it may just be the difference between watching movies as a kid and as an adult, that's a fair take - way better take than bitching about the logistics of death star remnants or whatever nerdery.

I JUST CANT EXCEPT THAT THERE WOULD STILL BE A FUNCTIONING TIE FIGHTER 40yrs later!!! TOTALLY TOOK ME OUT OF THE REALISM OF THE PIECE!!!

yeah I hear you, for me it's nothing about canon or retconning or any of that neckbeard stuff.

it's more a basic movie thing.

Yeah, I just randomly happpened across ToD the other day and completely forgot how ridiculous it was. Patently and obviously ridiculous at that. It's like they spent the first 30 minutes of the movie trying to get progressively more ridiculous.

yeah I recently went through all 3 and while raiders and grail were still damn good, temple of doom is excruciating, at least aside from the heart surgery.

Let's face it, that went completely out the window as soon as midichlorians or whatever they're called entered the story

ROS was indeed awful, but no more so than the other two. Out of morbid curiosity, I would love to see what the original story was, since the Emperor thing was obviously hastily thrown together to replace whatever the test audiences hated(ie all of it)

I hated Rey and the entire embarrassing mess they made out of a great childhood memory.

at least Mandalorian is decent. maybe they might make a decent movie out of that.
You're so goddamn right here.

They somehow managed the ruin the only good thing about the Prequels as well, and completely butchered Palpatine in this film.

It is sad. I hope this is it for big budget star wars films. I haven't watched the madalorian yet but I heard it was good. They should stick to that.

They'll do more films, but at least since this hopefully actually the end of the Skywalker saga, they can just make new films set in the universe, but that don't directly interact with the main saga. Set a series like 500 years after the last of the Jedi, or set something that sets up the initial prophecies, or heck remake Hogan's Heroes but with Sith instead of Nazis.

I've been off for a bit over the holidays so I recently rewatched all the originals, then tried to rewatch all the prequels. Got about halfway through Phantom Menace and then was like nope and then binged The Mandalorian in a couple days.

The originals still hold up pretty well for me and it's not really a nostalgia thing. I watched them as a kid but I wasn't a huge Star Wars fan or anything. I'd have to agree with Volc, it's like a basic good movie formula kind of thing.

Mandalorian I thought was quite fantastic.

Saw ROS last week. it was "just fine" imo. Like I enjoyed it because I love Star Wars, but I know it wasn't a great movie overall. I don't really care about the leaps of faith you need to make in these movies because it's fantasy anyway. They kinda cannibalized the best parts of the Thrawn Trilogy, did them poorly and didn't use Thrawn or someone like him which really sucked. Really hope the next batch have zero Skywalkers or Emperors. Need to move on.

Mandalorian is pretty good. Wish the episodes were longer.

Been watching the Witcher. Decent show.

I wanna watch Star Wars. maybe tonight.

eaf438d3f25ec3d613545a8ee6080ce2.jpg

personally i thought Rey was great, and Po, and the only one that bugged me in these new ones was Finn. i even loved the frustrated insecure Kylo.

that being said, I don't mind your criticism of the movies. even if i think it may just be the difference between watching movies as a kid and as an adult, that's a fair take - way better take than bitching about the logistics of death star remnants or whatever nerdery.

I JUST CANT EXCEPT THAT THERE WOULD STILL BE A FUNCTIONING TIE FIGHTER 40yrs later!!! TOTALLY TOOK ME OUT OF THE REALISM OF THE PIECE!!!
It's always funny when people go on about shit like that. No problem with people being able to lift a Tie Fighter using "the force." But the Tie Fighter being functional??? Ridiculous.

I always say "you're right, this probably isn't even a documentary."

Spoiler

Emperor:Kill me and you'll become the empress of a new empire.

Rey:*Refuses to kill him*

Emperor:Fine, I'll just steal your life force then.

Rey:*Kills Emperor*

Audience:This is fine.

But it was the *way* she did it that matters!

Although interesting to read some of the reddit leaks. I wonder if that supposed JJ Abrams cut will ever see the light of day, and if it actually would be any better than what they released.

It's always funny when people go on about shit like that. No problem with people being able to lift a Tie Fighter using "the force." But the Tie Fighter being functional??? Ridiculous.

I always say "you're right, this probably isn't even a documentary."

oh i like that

Back