• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Even though David Spade was lame in it, The Wrong Missy was funny. Had some good belly laughs in it.

So after watching the Lighthouse I stumbled across The Lost City of Z and it turns out I am now a Robert Pattinson fan.

I think he'll kick ass as Batman.

So I've been disappointed with the Creepshow remake (Greg nicotero) bit they finally had a pretty great episode.

After reminiscing with the last dance........... MJ would literally have made LeBron cry. He's the GOAT and it's not particularly close.

The Invention of Lying is probably my favourite comedy of the last 20 years.

Some other great post 2000 comedies to go with The Hangover, Tropic Thunder, Superbad...

Idiocracy, Run Fatboy Run, Wedding Crashers, Step Brothers, Anchorman, Taledega Nights, 40 Year Old Virgin, Old School, Zoolander, Napolean Dynomite, Super Troopers

And out of all those, not a single one post-2010.

Comedies are dead.

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) was great. Deadpool (2016) easily a comedy classic. The Nice Guys (2016) is better than average.

Slim picking, however there are some ok things out in the last ten years. Bridesmaids was way better than it deserved to be.

Agreed on all three of those movies actually. Had forgotten about Nice Guys, as it didn't get alot of hype. Deadpool as well - I think in my head I had that categorized as a superhero movie.

But ya, still pretty limited, and maybe only one you would actually consider a classic.

Back