• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Sports Cards

axlsalinger

Starting a thread on sports trading cards. Maybe someone can move the posts about this topic from the Kapanen thread over to this one.

Reactions: CH1

Bleedsblue&white

Can a card guy post a pic of Gretzky's rookie card? I have a brother-in-law that has more than one and does not believe me and does not seem willing to check the internet himself when I tell him they could be worth money...And in an amazing coincidence he happens to owe me a large amount of money

Bleedsblue&white

Out of curiosity...how many of us are old enough to remember getting that card? I had more than one, and I am sure at least once it was part of my "scrambles!" deck.

axlsalinger

Just keep in mind that how they measure grades can get very confusing, and that KSA is not a reputable company. Just looking at that card there's no way it's a 6 or worth anywhere near $2k.

But even a 2 is worth probably $100-$200.

Reactions: CH1

Bleedsblue&white

Oh I don't think they are in mint condition by any means, but he definitely has Gretzky rookie cards.

Doubly tricky talking to him now, he's been subverted by conspiracy cultists, but his wife is manageable and I plan on making sure we check his card collection by Christmas at the worst...he won't be able to avoid me lol/

axlsalinger

I had a huge box of cards from the 80s, went through the whole thing this spring and it was a pretty sad collection of junk. Definitely some decent cards here and there but not much value overall. I do have 1 Gretzky rookie from back in the day but it's not in great shape, probably a 2.

Bleedsblue&white

I'm one of those men who pissed away a possible fortune "cause I just didn't know....But from 75 til 81 I generally bought and traded enough to have almost full sets...there were seasons I was only 10 cards short, but back then it wan't easy to finish up once the next season started.

10 cents a pack lol and you got gum!

Right now I'm not even sure where my folders are and almost nothing made it through my youth.