• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Funnier Side of Tragedy: Memes and Such

Another virus will come. No doubt. And worse. This is only a medium contagious and medium deadly one.

As for a global response - unfortunately globalists dont have much power anymore. USA and UK created the globalist world we were raised in, but now both are intent on destroying that.

Certainly this one isn't the worst, but in a lot of cases, , getting too contagious or too deadly actually reduces things.

Like, ebola was very deadly, but basically it killed you before you could actually infect others. And if things were actually more contagious than this (like a measles), then people are often smarter to fully quarantine the infected areas.

This has the sort of golden ratio where it's contagious enough that you need to lock things down, but not actually contagious enough that me going out to grab a Starbucks is really in danger of actually picking things up. And it's deadly enough obviously that you're filling up hospitals and morgues, but not deadly enough again that anyone who's not elderly or immuno-compromised is really worried about it.

Certainly this one isn't the worst, but in a lot of cases, , getting too contagious or too deadly actually reduces things.

Like, ebola was very deadly, but basically it killed you before you could actually infect others. And if things were actually more contagious than this (like a measles), then people are often smarter to fully quarantine the infected areas.

This has the sort of golden ratio where it's contagious enough that you need to lock things down, but not actually contagious enough that me going out to grab a Starbucks is really in danger of actually picking things up. And it's deadly enough obviously that you're filling up hospitals and morgues, but not deadly enough again that anyone who's not elderly or immuno-compromised is really worried about it.

Ya think?

I see it the other way - Ebola was deadly but needed solid fluid to fluid transmission.

As for fully quarantining against measles - I think there's been much more quarantining for this.

Get nervous that terrorists are seeing what this is doing to the world and might start to get ideas about killing people and crashing an economy with it.

Have had that thought several times.

Most countries already have chemical and biological warfare, it’s banned by treaty. Not that treaties seem to matter anymore.

Get nervous that terrorists are seeing what this is doing to the world and might start to get ideas about killing people and crashing an economy with it.

Mother nature is a way, way better bioterrorist than we are at this point.

Although really, this is probably the worst time for a terrorist attack. There's no masses of people to hit all at once, and we've done enough to crash things that I'm not even sure anything they do would have an impact. Countries are screening people even harder at the borders. I mean, this is about the only time in the world where Jack Bauer could actually race across LA in the span of an episode because everyone else is staying off the roads.

Didn’t mean this second. It’s a lesson for bad people on how to fuck over your enemies. Releasing this type of virus into the environment and watching it spread and kill people slowly and take down the economy while having to wait 1-2 years for a cure.

Didn’t mean this second. It’s a lesson for bad people on how to **** over your enemies. Releasing this type of virus into the environment and watching it spread and kill people slowly and take down the economy while having to wait 1-2 years for a cure.

You'd have to be a "just want to see the world burn" type to use a virus as biological warfare though. Because once you release it, it won't stay within the borders of the country/countries you were targeting.

You'd have to be a "just want to see the world burn" type to use a virus as biological warfare though. Because once you release it, it won't stay within the borders of the country/countries you were targeting.

And we arent remotely close to being capable of it.

Yup. No telling how that would ultimately play out.

I don’t think anyone willing to do that would give a shit about specific targeting. Anyone doing that just wants to end humanity.

Better twitter tip: Ignore that Ben Shapiro exists and put any contrary evidence of that on ignore.

Back