• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Was looking through this thread and man, pretty much everyone in here panned the Raptors 2016 draft. 3 years + after, Poetl is #2 in BPM, #3 in VORP, #1 in WS/48, and #6 in WS. Siakim is #3 in BPM, #2 in VORP, #4 in WS/48 and #2 in WS. Massai killed it.

Was looking through this thread and man, pretty much everyone in here panned the Raptors 2016 draft. 3 years + after, Poetl is #2 in BPM, #3 in VORP, #1 in WS/48, and #6 in WS. Siakim is #3 in BPM, #2 in VORP, #4 in WS/48 and #2 in WS. Massai killed it.

If memory serves, I didn't like the Poetl pick because he was low ceiling and I had no clue wtf a Siakam was, I just remember that we passed on toolsy Skal to get him so was choked about that.

Only wanted Murray at the top of the draft, thought he was going to be a stud.

Yeah, reading back I wanted Skal if we were looking for a high upside project (surprise, surprise, Sacto fucked up his development and he looks back on track with Portland) or Sabonis for BPA (and yeah, I'll take the 18/13 starter with the 3+ BPM for 2 years in a row over the perennial bench player with great analytics against secondary competition)

Siakam I will completely admit that I had no fucking clue who he was, what he was or that he has anything resembling this kind of potential. Just like almost everyone in the world who was projecting him as "maybe Biyombo" at the time of the draft....other than our lord and saviour, Masai.

I thought Jimmy Butler was almost as good as Kawhi last year against us. Guy really scared me. Again, I don't know all that much about basketball, cept that it was the only sport that I tried my hand at, that I just sucked at. Worst shot in Canadian history.

But I do think I can recognize great talent. Damn, that guy is talented. I wouldn't get saying Bouher or Terence Davis are anything but Butler no fat lites.

I was pissed we picked Poeltl over Skal. Even more pissed we picked siakam over skal at 28. Had never even heard The name siakam.

masai pulled some ninja shit there

I thought Jimmy Butler was almost as good as Kawhi last year against us. Guy really scared me. Again, I don't know all that much about basketball, cept that it was the only sport that I tried my hand at, that I just sucked at. Worst shot in Canadian history.

But I do think I can recognize great talent. Damn, that guy is talented. I wouldn't get saying Bouher or Terence Davis are anything but Butler no fat lites.

jimmy is the man.

I remember being high on deyonte Davis. Clearly not much of an eye for nba talent.

as for a player that we should go after: jrue holiday is the guy I want. He’d be a massive improvement on Powell. Elite defender.

If memory serves, I didn't like the Poetl pick because he was low ceiling and I had no clue wtf a Siakam was, I just remember that we passed on toolsy Skal to get him so was choked about that.

Only wanted Murray at the top of the draft, thought he was going to be a stud.

Reports were Masai tried like hell to get Murray

Terrence Davis has a bucketload of Jimmy Buckets style of play in him. I'm not sure if he's enough of an asshole though. Buckets is reknown for being a hyper competitive asshole.

I was pissed we picked Poeltl over Skal. Even more pissed we picked siakam over skal at 28. Had never even heard The name siakam.

masai pulled some ninja shit there

Yeah, having seen the kid since he was like 16 at Giants of Africa was a ridiculous advantage there.

Here's what the 2016 mocks were saying

Bleacherreport: 28

There is always one late first-round pick surprise who comes out of nowhere.

The Phoenix Suns could view Pascal Siakam the same way the Los Angeles Lakers viewed Larry Nance Jr. These are bigs whose athleticism and motors translate in energizer roles.

At the NBA combine, Siakam picked up his fair share of easy buckets by beating defenses down the floor. He was ultimately one of the most productive scorers and rebounders in the country, and though his 20.2 points per game won’t carry over, his finishing ability, rebounding presence and shot-blocking tools should.

NBADraft.net: 54

SI: Undrafted

NBA.com: 42

Bleacher Report, to their credit, is the only mock that has Pascal even close to where he was picked.

Terrence Davis has a bucketload of Jimmy Buckets style of play in him. I'm not sure if he's enough of an ******* though. Buckets is reknown for being a hyper competitive *******.

That hyper competitive, aside from talent and workload, is pretty darn important.

thing is siakam had some of the best numbers in all of college ball, and i'm no expert but he already looked freaky good:

That's comforting at least. Murray is turning into a legit stud and is still only 22. For reference, OG and Davis are also 22. Still a lot of upside left in there.

I was listening to a USA podcast on draft night ( cant remember the reporters ) Masai was dangling # 9 and 2 future firsts to move up to nab him but no cigar .

Back