• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Build that man a statue

- Franchise leader in assist
- 3rd in points but will pass Bosh for 2nd next season
- 6th in fucking rebounding...will pass Demar, Amir Johnson, and Antonio Davis next season and will sit 3rd behind Bosh and Val
- 1st in steals
- 3rd in games played, about to pass MoPete for 2nd. Would need to play 2 more seasons as a Raptor to pass Demar.
- Leader in playoff points, assists, steals, games played, 2nd in rebounds, and obviously in a 12 way tie for most 'Chips

Statue.

Last edited:
The clippers have so many defensive holes to exploit in crunch time. I really dont believe in either of those LA teams this year.

The clippers have so many defensive holes to exploit in crunch time. I really dont believe in either of those LA teams this year.

We're used to the "true" contenders being dominant. None of the Lakers, Clippers, or the Bucks are that. They're all beatable, even when they're playing well by their standards.

Looking more and more like a raps-celts 2nd round is finally gonna happen this year.

And tbh with Kemba in for Kyrie, and the boston media/fans a little humbler this year, that team is a lot less annoying.

2 very well coached, very well balanced teams with very few holes. Should be a doozy.

Here's how they match up at the moment imo (did my best to match them using all of minutes, usage, role, and quality....position was less of a consideration).

20200214_114806.jpg

I like him a lot though I'm not sure where his ultimate upside is. What made Butler so good is a similar skills toolkit to what Davis has, but in a 6'7 230 pound body. Jimmy developed into a beast partially due to his ability to get into the paint and get calls. Davis' ability to shoot this well at the NBA level has surprised me (he was a good, but not great college shooter and adapting to the longer 3 pt line can be a challenge for non elite college shooters) but he's going to need to add a couple more tools/skills to develop into more than a good #3 scoring option (on a good team).

His floor, imo is a more mature version of what he is now. An above average 3&D combo guard (a "combo" guard being someone with a mixture of skills from both the PG and SG position) who can run the break, plus rebounder for a guard, function as a primary ball handler for a second unit. Ceiling, I'm honestly not sure. Maybe Jimmy, but Jimmy is a lot bigger than TD is.

I don't disagree with you but they both share a 6'8 wingspan. I've been very impressed with Davis so far.

LOL my bad for referencing a post from way back. Haven't checked in a while.

Last edited:
-Announces Chicago born, but playoff heart breaking rival D Wade...polite applause. Okay, maybe they still hold a grudge
-Announce the most talented overall artist to come out of Chicago this generation, in Common....polite applause. Okay, maybe they just don't like rap music (at the NBA all star game...)
-Announces WNBA star from Chicago, Candice Parker. Polite applause...okay cool, nobody watches the WNBA
-Announces 6 time Chicago Bull chip winning, NBA HOF'er, Scottie Pippen...in Chicago. Polite applause, one white lady stood up (good for you honey, seriously)

what in the fuck is wrong with this crowd?

Back