• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
The Athletic had a long piece crunching the numbers. Doesn’t look like Raps can go higher than 20m....even that may be too high.

LeafOfFaith

They lost in 7 games by a single possession. This whole "they almost got swept" thing is dumb. I agree that Boston was better but your narrative is ridiculous.
If we had six more points in Game 7, we still would’ve almost been swept out. Think about that! Deep thoughts, by Jack Handy.

zeke

I think the key is extending OG asap on a team favourable deal before he adds another gear to his game
OK just scanned that and it's them talking about leaving room to sign Giannis in 21-22. But even they admit all the raps have to do to make it work is trade Powell, which is obviously a sacrifice you make for Giannis. That's of course if we think we should be building our team based on the expectation of signing giannis as a free agent.

Tbh I don't let that stop me from signing fred.

CH1

OK just scanned that and it's them talking about leaving room to sign Giannis in 21-22. But even they admit all the raps have to do to make it work is trade Powell, which is obviously a sacrifice you make for Giannis. That's of course if we think we should be building our team based on the expectation of signing giannis as a free agent.

Tbh I don't let that stop me from signing fred.
If not Giannis, they need to throw big money at someone who can make his own shot.

zeke

I mean we spent $90m on Lowry/Gasol/Ibaka/Johnson/McCaw this year.

I don't see how it can be that hard to give a $30m raise to Siakam ($23 --> $31), Fred ($9 --> $20?), and OG ($4 --> 15?) and still have room for the $35m they estimate for Giannis?

CH1

I mean we spent $90m on Lowry/Gasol/Ibaka/Johnson/McCaw this year.

I don't see how it can be that hard to give a $30m raise to Siakam ($23 --> $31), Fred ($9 --> $20?), and OG ($4 --> 15?) and still have room for the $35m they estimate for Giannis?
The number bandied about here is 22. Every mil counts.

CH1

who knows how it shakes out...it's all speculation at this point...I just won't be surprised to see FVV bolt if he wants >20M