• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

The Athletic @TheAthleticLA
1h
Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins has been diagnosed with a torn ACL, sources told @ShamsCharania. What does that mean for the Lakers’ championship hopes and for Cousins’ future? Share your thoughts in our subscriber discussion topic.

i want to feel bad but i don't.

This kind of guts the Lakers imo. If healthy Boogie was even 75% of what he was, it would have made the Lakers finishing 5 pretty stupid

Boogie-AD-Kuzma-Green-Lebron against any big lineups lacking someone Green can't defend off the dribble would have been pretty ****ing good.

This makes his social media videos of shooting around in the Bahamas in flip flops this week, look a little questionable. I'd like to hear exactly how he tore up his knee.

This kind of guts the Lakers imo. If healthy Boogie was even 75% of what he was, it would have made the Lakers finishing 5 pretty stupid

Boogie-AD-Kuzma-Green-Lebron against any big lineups lacking someone Green can't defend off the dribble would have been pretty ****ing good.

This makes his social media videos of shooting around in the Bahamas in flip flops this week, look a little questionable. I'd like to hear exactly how he tore up his knee.

I read that during a workout in Las Vegas, he "banged knees" with another player. Will try to find a link

The Athletic @TheAthleticLA
1h
Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins has been diagnosed with a torn ACL, sources told @ShamsCharania. What does that mean for the Lakers’ championship hopes and for Cousins’ future? Share your thoughts in our subscriber discussion topic.

i want to feel bad but i don't.

Refused a max deal with Sacramento and now his career earnings are over .

Players need to take the money when offered and deal with it later .

Easy to move money and get traded in the NBA , took a risk and missed.

This is his body saying.. your too big. Yes, he's an athlete and in good shape, but when your knees, quads and achilles are carrying around that much weight for his whole life, any general increase has catastrophic effect.

His body is saying, unless you go down to your weight in college, we are done. I don't even see the bump to his knee... I just see him drive and go down.

Maybe, but it's all the same leg he's had the problems with. Likely means he didn't rehab the leg well enough from the original achilles injury. You need to strengthen the entire kinetic movement chain when coming back from an injury as foundational as an achilles injury. He was clearly never able to create the level of stability needed in that leg to properly continue his career, which is probably a work ethic thing with him specifically. He's never been known as the hardest working guy in the league and you kind of need to be for a return from that type of injury to be successful.

Maybe, but it's all the same leg he's had the problems with. Likely means he didn't rehab the leg well enough from the original achilles injury. You need to strengthen the entire kinetic movement chain when coming back from an injury as foundational as an achilles injury. He was clearly never able to create the level of stability needed in that leg to properly continue his career, which is probably a work ethic thing with him specifically. He's never been known as the hardest working guy in the league and you kind of need to be for a return from that type of injury to be successful.

I believe this is the exact issue. Rehab is the biggest key. You need to put that work in even more so to come back from injures.

ECN7pPsVUAEvETX

Remember this when a big chunk of the basketball media acts surprised that the Raptors are still in the top half of the EC picture next year. They needed Kawhi to put them over the top, but that was a ~55 win team without him. It will be a 50-55 win team without him again.

It must be said. Canadian Basketball stars are complete trash.

Not in talent, but in commitment to country.

When every star stays home during the offseason and Canada loses to Lithuania , those stars are trash.

When every star stays home during the offseason and Canada loses to Lithuania , those stars are trash.

I'm convinced a lot of them just care about the American culture around the NBA, so once they are there they don't give a shit about Canada anymore. A couple guys did want to come but injuries and personal issues really ruined this team.

Which stars "stayed home" and aren't injured? Wiggins is an established bitch...but our actual star level talent is hurt.

Back