• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Max? Probably, yeah. I still see him more as a 2nd option offensively than "the guy" offensively, but he's so versatile and brings value in so many ways that it's hard to not max him and call it a day.

Might be a problem with some of the overseas players. I know occasionally that's popped up as an issue in hockey, where there are whispers that some players/prospects from certain countries (like Russia) are actually older than it's claimed on their passports.

But you'd think proper age would be pretty well-established for any of the North American players.

Yeah, I'm good with that. We have a good veteran team, have built a real winning culture in the organization, and are positioned really well to have a solid 50+ win season again, a deepish playoff run and then take our big ass bucket of cap space and do something interesting shit with it. So many high end talent moves around every year now, that trading for someone's big ass contract who wants out of their current situation is a very real possibility.

I say you load manage Kyle, Gasol, ibaka, and even give siakem a few nights off.

This is a deep bench and team that we can spell.off.some of these guys.

Gasol in particular has played and drank alot this summer

Legacy deal for Lowry. I like that its short term. Sets us up for Giannis sweepstakes. Let's hope Siakam has another level to help recruit.

I've followed and loved this team since I was a kid. Since winning I feel truly at ease with what this team is doing. As if it doesn't really matter anymore. Maybe that achievement has alleviated some of that internal fanatic in me. I got to live out a championship with my favorite basketball team, in my city, in the prime of my life.

I hope the Leafs gift me that same feeling as that inner fanatic in me has never felt that high.

Good deal.

Rewards Kyle for the work he did in bringing us our first title and his overall legacy here, while not handcuffing the team long-term.

Lines us up for the much more impressive FA class in 2 years. We were set up well for this next year's off season, but there's not a lot worth spending the money on out there.

Lines us up for the much more impressive FA class in 2 years. We were set up well for this next year's off season, but there's not a lot worth spending the money on out there.

ME what is the NBA rule if you don't hit the cap floor ?

Years ago I am sure the " tanking Sixers " missed the floor by about 15 mil

ME what is the NBA rule if you don't hit the cap floor ?

Years ago I am sure the " tanking Sixers " missed the floor by about 15 mil

You just have to distribute the shortfall among players on your roster. So if you miss the cap floor by 15M, everyone on your 15 man roster gets an equally distributed bonus cheque (so in that case, 1M each).

There's no competitive penalty like there is in the NHL. You can run under the cap all year and just pay the shortfall at the end.

Back