• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

RJ I think will be a Raptor during his career. He is a legit star.

Summer 2021 Giannis to Toronto would be amazing. Pairing him with Pascal would be matchup nightmares for other teams.

Without Kawhi:

Raps: 17-5
Clips: 0-1

Heh. Love the hate-following of the Clippers. And hey, technically the Raptors' record is now 21-6 without Kawhi.

Would really like nothing better than for Ballmer's boys to crash and burn to the point where Kawhi peaces out on them after two years, and leaves them holding the bag on the mountain of futures they traded to bring in him and Paul George.

Last edited:
lol the Bucks coach just fucked off at the end instead of doing the usual handshake with the opposing coach. Nurse, as he does, played it off by looking around and then waving bye to him.

Kawhi already getting shit on by the national media down there for "load management".

I can't really wrap my head around whining about "load management", if the end goal is to win a championship.

Even with it, Kawhi was hobbling around like he was crippled by the end of the playoffs.

US basketball media didn't give a shit about Kawhi last season, he was in Siberia.

He's in LA now baby, they all wants a piece of him. He's going to be the centrepiece of a pile of nationally televised games (the broadcasters could give a fuck if his leg falls off, as long as they get ratings). They're putting a not inconsiderable amount of heft behind this silly campaign to market him (which has really come off as pure cringe) and they want returns on it.

I can't really wrap my head around whining about "load management", if the end goal is to win a championship.

Even with it, Kawhi was hobbling around like he was crippled by the end of the playoffs.

yeah he couldn't even run at the end.

welp, whatever happens to him happens. if it goes to shit there I'm not going to shed a tear for this guy, not after the 5 fingers at the parade from Uncle Sleazebag while he's calling around trying to get guys to come to the Clippers. fuck that noise.

He should be healthier during the 2020 playoffs since he’s another year removed from whatever he suffered in San Antonio. But he’a not giving up on load management — he negotiated that and he’s got all the leverage.

-Matt Thomas should be playing more
-Norm should be playing less. He's taking this whole thing about getting more shots as an invitation to take more bad shots
-Terrence Davis is going to be good, but Terrence Davis isn't good yet.
-OG might be legit very good. Showing flashes of being able to do more than spot up shoot
-Kyle Lowry is every bit as good as the fancy stats say
-We still can't rebound

I've never seen a veteran, defending champion get so little respect from the refs.

In the last minute there was a clear missed foul on the Pascal turnover, and then a clear moving screen (that OG ended up getting called for a push on, amazingly enough)

Back