• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Do you sign FVV if his number prevents you from signing Giannis?

It doesn't, and I don't know if you can make that part of your internal decision making unless you know some shit about Giannis that you're not supposed to know 18 months before his contract is up.

I'd have to be 100% certain that Giannis was signing here to pass on signing Fred at a reasonable number....and then I'd look to move other pieces around to clear that money.

Fwiw though, we're fucking golden for cap space in a Giannis situation. ~22m for Fred doesn't remotely get in the way. We can go into the cap to re sign Lowry, OG, and Davis (our 3 FA's for that summer) as long as we sign Giannis first.

We're expecting a 125 million dollar cap for that summer btw. Pascal at 31 and Fred at 22 would leave a fuck ton.

Last Year:

Champions
#2 win%
#3 point diff
#3 net rating

This Year:

#3 win%
#2 point diff
#2 net rating

Think the raps'll crack ESPN's top 10 tommorrow?

Last Year:

Champions
#2 win%
#3 point diff
#3 net rating

This Year:

#3 win%
#2 point diff
#2 net rating

Think the raps'll crack ESPN's top 10 tommorrow?

Who do we knock out though? The Sixers made a huge statement by only losing by 5 in a game Embiid had 0 points, and the Jazz scored a franchise record 49 points in a quarter this week. Can't knock them down the rankings after those types of performances. Dallas just went 1-1 through L.A...that's like, basically impossible. Miami just beat the reigning western conference champs by 17. Houston put up 158 points against a team projected to go 6th in the east this year by Sam Mitchell...pretty incredible stuff.

I've got Indy (2-1 this week...barely lost to Philly) and Phoenix (1-6 in their last 7, but the losses have all been within 10) passing the Raptors on the power rankings this week. So yeah, 13th is about right.

Who do we knock out though? The Sixers made a huge statement by only losing by 5 in a game Embiid had 0 points, and the Jazz scored a franchise record 49 points in a quarter this week. Can't knock them down the rankings after those types of performances. Dallas just went 1-1 through L.A...that's like, pretty incredible. Miami just beat the reigning western conference champs by 17. Houston put up 158 points against a team projected to go 6th in the east this year by Sam Mitchell...pretty incredible stuff.

I've got Indy (2-1 this week...barely lost to Philly) and Phoenix (1-6 in their last 7, but the losses have all been within 10) passing the Raptors on the power rankings this week. So yeah, 13th is about right.

No arguing those accomplishments, for sure.

To be semi serious about it..

-The Raptors (15-4) just went 4-0 with an average margin of victory of 15 points this week
-Miami (14-5) 3-1 (+7)
-Dallas (13-6) 2-1 (+1.3)
-Sixers (14-6) 3-1 (+2.5)
-Jazz (12-8) 1-3 (-9)
-Rockets (13-6) 2-0 (+28)
-Celtics (14-5) 3-1 (+4)
-Nuggets (13-4) 1-1 (+5)
-Clippers (14-6) 2-1 (+3.3) They play Washington tonight, so probably 3-1
-Bucks (17-3) 4-0 (+15.8)
-Lakers (17-3) 3-1 (+5.25)

We had the second best week out of anyone above us, and we were the only one playing 2 top 10 teams from the previous power ranking.

There's no real argument for having us worse than 4th.

They're 7th baby!!!!!!

Still fucking dumb. As ME said, anything worse than 4th is dumb. I would have accepted 5 even. 7th is hilariously dumb but they made it baby!!!! Top ten team!!!

4. Raptors – Fred VanVleet’s rise as almost as jarring as Siakam’s, and the Wichita State product will cash in big time this summer. FVV is averaging 18.5 points per game in 2019-20. He’s shooting 38.2% from three while leading the league in minutes per game. In a thin class, could the undersized point guard earn a nine-figure deal? We’ve seen crazier splurges in the NBA’s silly season. (SI.com)

2. The Raptors are on fire, and they're just starting to get healthy again. Serge Ibaka rejoined the lineup for Sunday's lambasting of the Jazz and Kyle Lowry should make his return soon, but it's not like Toronto missed them at all. The defending champs have proven they can beat you in multiple ways, in offensive shootouts or defensive battles, and they're now second in the league in both net rating and defensive rating with the fifth-best offense. Next week should be a good test with the Heat, Rockets and 76ers on tap. (CBS)

Maybe it's just an ESPN thing?

Tough ass week though.

Philly is going to be out for blood, Beard always torches us, and the Heat are legit. Clippers coming up shortly as well.

Back