• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Leafin'

I see Danny Salazar elected for free agency after the tribe DFA'd him. He's a guy i could see Shatkins having interest in as a low risk, moderate upside guy on a cheap deal. He's been hurt a lot the last couple years but anytime i watched him he had nasty stuff. Yes yes good ole eye test.

Shatkins need a bit of luck and fortune to right the ship. Our offense is trending up but our pitching is lagging.

I really think they'll be going after Rick Porcello. Gut feeling.

Matrim

There have been some reports of the Jays shopping Gurriel Jr, Jansen, and Mcguire for pitching. I don't understand shopping the catchers as that's a good cheap tandem for several years but Gurriel makes sense.

MyNameIsJonas

There have been some reports of the Jays shopping Gurriel Jr, Jansen, and Mcguire for pitching. I don't understand shopping the catchers as that's a good cheap tandem for several years but Gurriel makes sense.
Gurriell is their best and only good OF. The p in return better be damn goin and they better be in on a 3WAR fa of.

Id move euther C in an overpay.

Atkins confirmed interest in Tsutsgo and Akiyama

Leafin'

Does Gurriel really have that kind of value to bring back a near top of the rotation pitcher with years of control? Gurriel himself is under control until 2024. I still like his upside. \

As for moving our young catchers? Unless its an overpay i'd rather just go the FA route and wait until our prospects develop(Pearson, Manoah, Kay, Kloff, Williams). I know we have a couple young catcher prospects in the minors moving up but they're not close yet(Moreno, Kirk). I like our catching depth.

axlsalinger

Sounds like this story about the Astros "allegedly" using a video camera to steal signs is going to have legs. Bunch of assholes, this is just really shitty for baseball.

Wayward DP

yeah Rosenthal wrote a big piece about it in the Athletic. I suspect there is an MLB investigation and fines etc. I'm sure they're not the only ones but this technique was pretty egregious.

Matrim

Saw that, as they are shopping their catchers they are checking in to see if he'd be interest in the off chance they do trade a catcher. Still would rather stay with the 2 catchers we have, it's a good young tandem.

MyNameIsJonas

Saw that, as they are shopping their catchers they are checking in to see if he'd be interest in the off chance they do trade a catcher. Still would rather stay with the 2 catchers we have, it's a good young tandem.
A couple things.

Grandal is the best C in baseball who can also play 1B.

If you can get a legit controlled SP for either Danny or Reese and pair whoever remains with Yas you are better at C and in the rotation. It all depends what the return is but its ourside the box thinking i appreciate