• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

manny

I prefer they stay south of the border.
Their AA team, the Fishercats, is based about an hour outside of Boston in Manchester, NH. I'm sure that stadium would love to have a tenant this year, and it has some strange dimensions and would probably be a lot of fun. Very short porch in RF. I believe it also has a hotel in the OF, so that could make the bubble even smaller.

drewser

Blue Jays:

#7 - Nate Pearson
Nate Pearson
Blue Jays RHP
Notes:
Final 2019 Ranking: 7
Tools: Fastball: 80 | Curveball: 45 | Slider: 60 | Changeup: 55 | Control: 55
2019 Average Fastball Velo: 97

Skinny: Pearson’s workload was managed by alternating five- and two-inning starts before July 24, when the restrictions were lifted and he started going deeper into games. He tossed at least five frames in each start after that date to close out the season. Armed with a fastball that touches triple digits, Pearson works with a plus slider and a changeup that has trended positively and projects as plus as well. Pearson has the body and stuff to sit at the front of Toronto’s rotation in the near future.
#16 - Austin Martin
Austin Martin
Blue Jays
SS
Notes:
Final 2019 Ranking: NA
Tools: Hit: 70 | Power: 55 | Run: 55 | Fielding: 55 | Arm: 45
2019 Average Exit Velo: NA

Skinny: Martin was the No. 2 talent on our ranking of the best available draft prospects, so it was somewhat astonishing to see him slide all the way to No. 5, where the Blue Jays were happy to snap him up. The Blue Jays announced Martin as a shortstop, but he has a variety of potential defensive outcomes. If he has to go to third base, he could provide a defensive upgrade to Vladimir Guerrero Jr., whose bat will more than play at first base. He also could fit in the outfield as well, and he spent time in center field at Vanderbilt and with Team USA. Regardless of his defensive home, Martin instantly becomes the Jays’ best offensive prospect and gives the system a fantastic 1-2 punch with fireballing righthander Nate Pearson at the top of their system.
#31 - Jordan Groshans
Jordan Groshans
Blue Jays SS
Notes:
Final 2019 Ranking: 37
Tools: Hit: 60 | Power: 60 | Run: 50 | Fielding: 50 | Arm: 60
2019 Average Exit Velo: 89

Skinny: A foot injury ended Groshans’ season after 23 games last year, but he’s expected to be ready for the start of spring training. A gifted hitter with growing power, expect Groshans to rise quickly if he stays healthy.
#67 - Simeon Woods Richardson
Simeon Woods Richardson
Blue Jays RHP
Notes:
Final 2019 Ranking: Unranked
Tools: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 70
2019 Average Fastball Velo: 93

Skinny: One of the prizes received by Toronto in the Marcus Stroman trade, Woods Richardson mixes an intriguing arsenal of four average or better pitches with impeccable control. He’ll pitch all of 2020 as a 19-year-old and could find himself on the verge of making the big leagues by season’s end.
2020 Draft Picks:
#11 - Spencer Torkelson
#16 - Austin Martin
#39 - Asa Lacy
#56 - Emerson Hancock
#59 - Nick Gonzales
#61 - Max Meyer
#75 - Zac Veen
#80 - Garrett Mitchell
#83 - Reid Detmers
#84 - Austin Hendrick
#98 - Robert Hassell
#99 - Heston Kjerstad

axlsalinger

It's 1 or 2 teams crossing, once or twice a week, following strict guidelines. Not comparable in any way to thousands of mouthbreathers crossing every hour.

axlsalinger

The Korea Baseball Organization is trading in its cardboard cutout fans for real ones.

South Korea announced Sunday it will begin reopening stadiums to spectators this week. A KBO official said the league is working to welcome fans back as soon as Friday.

"We haven't yet established specific guidelines, and we have to monitor the situation with the virus, but we expect to have fans back in the stands by Friday at the earliest," the league's secretary general Ryu Dae-hwan told the Yonhap News Agency on Sunday. "We'll make the health and safety of our fans the No. 1 priority."

The KBO aims to open stadiums at 30% capacity before working its way up to 50% in the coming weeks, according to the news agency.

worm

It's 1 or 2 teams crossing, once or twice a week, following strict guidelines. Not comparable in any way to thousands of mouthbreathers crossing every hour.
there are still people crossing the border for work as far as I understand it

this isnt that much different

but this is non essential so i say no thanks