• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

My only potential complaint is not using your A+ arms late in the game. Shoe and Ray gave them the 6 innings that they needed, but doesn't feel like Cole is a good enough arm to have turned to in the 7th to keep it close. I mean, I guess I don't quite know how much they trust Pearson as a true shutdown arm, but TB went to their best arms in the 6th/7th/8th in Castillo and Anderson, and held the line, whereas the Jays gave up those 2 extra runs while your best guys are sitting on the bench still.
I guess they could have gone with Dolis in the 7th, but otherwise I'm not sure there is another RP that should be trusted more than Cole. Borucki has a better line, but he hasn't been that good lately (7 BB and 7K in his last 10 innings). Even if they gave Dolis the 7th, Cole probably would have been next up.

The Rays played it perfectly, bringing Anderson into the highest leverage situation. Hopefully Montoyo would make a similar decision to protect a lead, but then he doesn't have an Anderson to work with.

My only potential complaint is not using your A+ arms late in the game. Shoe and Ray gave them the 6 innings that they needed, but doesn't feel like Cole is a good enough arm to have turned to in the 7th to keep it close. I mean, I guess I don't quite know how much they trust Pearson as a true shutdown arm, but TB went to their best arms in the 6th/7th/8th in Castillo and Anderson, and held the line, whereas the Jays gave up those 2 extra runs while your best guys are sitting on the bench still.

Yup ,I don't understand the thought process here at all

There was no break in the schedule and teams are juggling pitchers.

Shoe was doing great , could he not of gone an extra inning or 2

Bottom line bats shit the bed …..1 run isn't going to win anything

imo bad pre-game decisions: Ryu out, Villar in

imo bad in-game decisions: panik PH instead of tellez

Panik instead of Tellez was a weird decision to me, agreed. Sure, Panik would come in anyways afterwards, but a couple runners on early in a close game is a spot you need your best hitters in for.

lineup today has no Kirk or Rowdy.

Panik at 2B. Biggio at 3B. Shaw at 1B. Panik at 2B.

only defensive upgrade from sticking Panik in there is the upgrade at 1B, though there's arguably a downgrade at 3B.

Back