• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Yeah, basically the owners are like "we can only pay you for about 50 games, your call whether we actually only schedule 50 or play a few more for fun"

Terrible.

we seem to be turning the corner a bit. Hopefully good things to come.

who do you guys like in the draft? A few months ago it would’ve been unheard of for Emerson to drop and he now might be available at 5.

the names I’ve seen are Emerson, Veen, Meyer, Gonzales.

Reports are claiming Meyer is the most MLB ready and could be up in the majors as soon as next season. Small in stature but heavy on stuff. I saw a comp today to Walker Beuhler.

Veen is seen as a long term high upside OF. Don’t know much about him other than he’s got a really nice looking swing.

Gonzales is an interesting one because he’s crushed the ball. Apparently ina very hitter friendly league. Is that high contact ability enough to overcome the lower exit velocity? He played short to start the year but most say he’ll probably stay at 2b.

I thought Emerson was a no doubt 1-1. Seems like a few bad starts at the beginning of the year brought up question marks.

50 games is too few, but I am sure people will actually like the shorter season. Traditional baseball season is just too long.

50 games is too few, but I am sure people will actually like the shorter season. Traditional baseball season is just too long.

Yeah, obviously no way they're getting in 162, but 50 for baseball is basically nothing. At least feels like they should be able to do 60-70 if they're going to do anything.

That's my order as well but Martin would be at the top of the list if the O's go underslot and he somehow slips to us. Law's mock this morning is saying that we appear out on Hancock and Gonzalez, so guessing it'll be Meyer for us tonight unless the Royals scoop him over Veen

Veen is much younger right?

Meyer seems good from the scouting reports but its hard to get too pumped when I liked Pearson's scouting reports even more and that was as a late 1st rounder (though I did think the scouting reports made him sound like a top-10 pick at the time). With a top-5 pick Meyer seems to me a touch underwhelming - like a much smaller version of Nate with less unleashed upside.

Veen is 18. So were talking far away, not that it should matter, but the Yelich/Bellinger/Green comps make him tantilizing.

Meyer could pitch this year, and has two 70 grade pitches. Its easy enough to teach a change. If he was 3 inches taller he might be in the convo for number 1. As for Pearson had it not been for his elbow he goes top 5 imo

Sounds like the major knock on Meyer has been his size but read a few days ago that he’s up to 6‘1, so he’s not exactly Stroman tiny. He lead his high school hockey team in PIMs so we’d be adding some toughness, truculence, pugnacity & testosterone to the rotation. I can’t say I recall Pearson’s pre-draft reports that well but I don’t think he had a secondary pitch at draft time that was graded nearly as high as Meyer’s slider.

Just saw Kiley McDaniel (ESPN) now has KC debating between Meyer or Hancock in his latest mock. He has the Royals going with Hancock and the Jays taking Meyer over Veen.

Back