• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Pearson was lights out; Montoyo with some questionable decisions early this season which has costed the team on multiple occasions. I am skeptical he can manage this team to a post season spot, hope I am wrong. The talent is there

A lot of the pitching decisions are based on not over-using guys this early in the season. Organization decisions, not really his fault. (same applies to capping Pearson at around 75 pitches).

This argument is silly IMO. Though I don't understand why he didn't start the runner on 1st in the 8th inning.

A lot of the pitching decisions are based on not over-using guys this early in the season. Organization decisions, not really his fault. (same applies to capping Pearson at around 75 pitches).

This argument is silly IMO. Though I don't understand why he didn't start the runner on 1st in the 8th inning.
Using Gaviglio in high leverage is a fail
Bunting with 2 strikes fail
Not having Fisher steal to stay out of the DP is fail
Loving Drury is a fail

Using Gaviglio in high leverage is a fail
Bunting with 2 strikes fail
Not having Fisher steal to stay out of the DP is fail
Loving Drury is a fail
Gaviglio is a decent pitcher. Giles is hurt, and they are trying to build up arm strength in the 1st week of the season, leading to relievers not being available on back to back days, and starters on pitch counts. Your analysis is a fail.
Not crazy about the bunt, though it's possible he did it on his own. Plus you are also talking about a weak hitting middle infielder with 1 career hit. Using that to "prove" a manager is a failure, is a fail.
Fisher move was dumb, I agree there.
Same with Drury, although the organization brought him back as a utility infielder and Bo is out of the lineup, the fact that he gets some PT puts the Jays in line with probably 25 other clubs who periodically use utility infielders who can't hit. Fail.

989ED2895452A4F1ABC390958522BC3503CC82BA

Gaviglio is a decent pitcher. Giles is hurt, and they are trying to build up arm strength in the 1st week of the season, leading to relievers not being available on back to back days, and starters on pitch counts. Your analysis is a fail.
Not crazy about the bunt, though it's possible he did it on his own. Plus you are also talking about a weak hitting middle infielder with 1 career hit. Using that to "prove" a manager is a failure, is a fail.
Fisher move was dumb, I agree there.
Same with Drury, although the organization brought him back as a utility infielder and Bo is out of the lineup, the fact that he gets some PT puts the Jays in line with probably 25 other clubs who periodically use utility infielders who can't hit. Fail.
If you think a rookie, Espinal, who was oft staring into the dugout called his own bunt then bless you.

Also Gaviglio us a multi inning junk baller

Odor got 7 games for cold cocking Joey bats

bush got 0 games for hitting him with a pitch in retaliation for celebrating a home run 6 months prior.

I get that they think he was "head hunting" and want to send a message. But in a shortened season, 8 games is way too much. Hopefully it gets reduced significantly on appeal.

Back