• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Pissed away this game because of stupid, incompetent managing. Coaching staff that can’t properly manage a pitching staff. It’s embarrassing. Only team in baseball that doesn’t send Shoe out for 4+ when he’s dealing like that. Also, the players had to be scratching their heads too. Series is over. Needed that first game. Oh and forget about Shoe re-signing here, or any good pitcher for that matter, not when you have zero chance of pitching 5 innings.

1 run , doesnt matter what Shoe does

Offence had zilch today

The starting tandem gave them six innings of great pitching. You can disagree with the in-game handling of the situation (I did), but it’s hard to argue with the result.

I expect both Shoemaker and Ray could throw an inning in game 3 as well, if they get there.

The starting tandem gave them six innings of great pitching. You can disagree with the in-game handling of the situation (I did), but it’s hard to argue with the result.

I expect both Shoemaker and Ray could throw an inning in game 3 as well, if they get there.
Id also bank on a 6 combined from walker and pearson is the plan if they get there

You take 1 ER after 6 any day of the week against the Rays , we are done with our offence playing like that on Tuesday

You take the learning experience regardless what happens , good unexpected season

Pissed away this game because of stupid, incompetent managing. Coaching staff that can’t properly manage a pitching staff. It’s embarrassing. Only team in baseball that doesn’t send Shoe out for 4+ when he’s dealing like that. Also, the players had to be scratching their heads too. Series is over. Needed that first game. Oh and forget about Shoe re-signing here, or any good pitcher for that matter, not when you have zero chance of pitching 5 innings.
ummm what

it worked

save you anger for jansen - dude needs to catch the ball

I haven’t watched the Jays for the last few years, so I don’t really know much of anything about Montoyo.

But yeah...when the pitching gave up one run through six, and three runs total, I’m not sure what the complaint is. The team’s offence was given a legitimate opportunity to win that game last night.

You take 1 ER after 6 any day of the week against the Rays , we are done with our offence playing like that on Tuesday

You take the learning experience regardless what happens , good unexpected season

My only potential complaint is not using your A+ arms late in the game. Shoe and Ray gave them the 6 innings that they needed, but doesn't feel like Cole is a good enough arm to have turned to in the 7th to keep it close. I mean, I guess I don't quite know how much they trust Pearson as a true shutdown arm, but TB went to their best arms in the 6th/7th/8th in Castillo and Anderson, and held the line, whereas the Jays gave up those 2 extra runs while your best guys are sitting on the bench still.

was the run even earned?

isnt that an error on jansen?

Back