• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

there are very few true documentaries these days. most start off with a narrow point of view and shoot/edit shit that supports it.

My wife has been making an incredible Alfredo lately. I think she saw the recipe on Facebook or Pinterest or something like that. As good as I've ever had.

maxresdefault.jpg

Alfredo is almost of unheard of in Italy. Just parmesan and butter. Named after the restaurant that claims to have invented it.

That's awesome parm&butter is my dirty shameful secret.

I always thought Alfredo was some sort of pseudo-french cream sauce.

I'm more authentic Italian than I thought!

That's awesome parm&butter is my dirty shameful secret.

I always thought Alfredo was some sort of pseudo-french cream sauce.

Parm and butter pasta is what my mom fed me when I needed a quick bite. I still occasionally whip it up for myself when I'm hungry and lazy.

That's why I never got the appeal of KD. Anyone can make a 10X version in the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. As long as you have three of the most basic ingredients on hand.

Alfredo is gross to me but it is what it is. American-italians created a lot of solid "Italian" food like spaghetti and meatballs, their version of pizza can be solid, and even chicken Parm is decent if done right (though it's not something I ever really seek - it's decent at best really). But Alfredo.. I'm not into it. Sorry.

Parm and butter pasta is what my mom fed me when I needed a quick bite. I still occasionally whip it up for myself when I'm hungry and lazy.

That's why I never got the appeal of KD. Anyone can make a 10X version in the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. As long as you have three of the most basic ingredients on hand.

I swear I was convinced this dirty secret really meant I was mangiacake at heart. You just made my day.

I swear I was convinced this dirty secret really meant I was mangiacake at heart. You just made my day.

You're still a mangiacake....UNLESS you use the Alla Scroffa technique of mixing the parm and butta at the table

Sure... but a good Mac and Cheese is a nice guilty pleasure sometimes. Pro-tip: Cook some crispy bacon and crumble it into your Mac and Cheese.... or Parm and Butter pasta.

Life goal is to go to Alla Scr
Also ch1 referred to Parm as a basic ingredient #whiteprivilege

If you can’t afford the DOP, the pre grated stuff at No Frills is still better than KD.
If you do the math, I’m sure my recipe ain’t pricier than KD.

side note: cheese prices in Canada are outrageous. Blame the fucking dairy board, propped up by mafioso like conglomerates

Back