• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT:World Politics

LeafGm

What a clusterfuck.

If the Iranians are behind this attack, it's perfectly timed, because what reason is there for there for anyone to believe a single thing Saudi Arabia/MBS and the Trump administration have to say about the situation?

zeke

yeah there is no doubt that, incredibly, in less than 3yrs we now no longer feel the White House is any more credible than Khomeini, or Putin, or the Taliban....

Wayward DP

one of Trump's few redeeming features appears to be his aversion to armed conflict.

I'm terrified that that is what I have to count on for this situation not to turn into even more of a clusterfuck.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
one of Trump's few redeeming features appears to be his aversion to armed conflict.

I'm terrified that that is what I have to count on for this situation not to turn into even more of a clusterfuck.
Yep. Best thing about him is that he's a real, honest to goodness, grade A pussy.

Wayward DP

I hate it when I'm on the same side of an issue as the dotard.

but I guess this one is a good one to own. no more stupid wars.

zeke

Trump could go down as the greatest president ever if he just decided to embrace most Dem policies right now.

Pull out of wars, put in universal healthcare, massive infrastructure etc. His base would stick with him no matter what.

lecoqsportif

Rips up Iran nuke deal. Cornered.
Trade war with China. Paralysis, record trade deficit. (And drives up US dollar as people seek safe harbour.)
Repeal and replace Obamacare. Um... remember that? Few do. Number of uninsured goes up for first time in a decade.
Immigration/border wall. Operational paralysis, with caged children. (Though I suspect the latter is viewed positively by Trumpanzees.)
Coal jobs.... where? When?

Stable genius.

And now he’s going to war with California.

Buttery emails. Tanned suits. The horror!

lecoqsportif

And how.

Jeepers.

Totally oil dependent, it pays for all the military toys and training... more stable geniuses.

I’m no fan of the regime, that’s for sure, but right now the mullahs are just toying with Sawdi Boy King and his client president.

Altair

And how.

Jeepers.

Totally oil dependent, it pays for all the military toys and training... more stable geniuses.

I’m no fan of the regime, that’s for sure, but right now the mullahs are just toying with Sawdi Boy King and his client president.
You can buy all the fancy stuff you want but if you don't use them properly, it's worthless.

The Saudi Air force hasn't trained flying at low altitude, leading to high altitude bombing runs, which leads to more civilian casualties.

Tanks being used without proper infantry support.

Just basic shit.

They will learn, but these are hard lessons from people thinking they had a top tier military.

The Iranians actually have some fighting experience, both from legacy lessons learned from the Iran Iraq war that ended in '88, and from the war in Syria. So it's no surprise seeing them being able to outmaneuver the Saudis.