• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: World Politics

And how.

Jeepers.

Totally oil dependent, it pays for all the military toys and training... more stable geniuses.

I’m no fan of the regime, that’s for sure, but right now the mullahs are just toying with Sawdi Boy King and his client president.
You can buy all the fancy stuff you want but if you don't use them properly, it's worthless.

The Saudi Air force hasn't trained flying at low altitude, leading to high altitude bombing runs, which leads to more civilian casualties.

Tanks being used without proper infantry support.

Just basic shit.

They will learn, but these are hard lessons from people thinking they had a top tier military.

The Iranians actually have some fighting experience, both from legacy lessons learned from the Iran Iraq war that ended in '88, and from the war in Syria. So it's no surprise seeing them being able to outmaneuver the Saudis.

Supreme Court rules that the British Prorogation was unlawful. So just in case you thought british politics wasn't crazy enough already.

Everything seems to be coming into focus nicely.

I've been preaching here for years that the current political battle in the west isn't between Liberal and Conservative, but between Democracy and Anti-Democracy.

And here simultaneously we have arguable the three most important democracies in the world - US, UK, and Israel - in a raw fight for their Democratic lives against leaders and parties which have zero respect for the rule of law, and have been regularly wiping their asses with their constitutions. Finally we are seeing some actual democratic pushback against all three, but it may be futile.

Big moment for Western Democracy right here.

Everything seems to be coming into focus nicely.

I've been preaching here for years that the current political battle in the west isn't between Liberal and Conservative, but between Democracy and Anti-Democracy.

And here simultaneously we have arguable the three most important democracies in the world - US, UK, and Israel - in a raw fight for their Democratic lives against leaders and parties which have zero respect for the rule of law, and have been regularly wiping their asses with their constitutions. Finally we are seeing some actual democratic pushback against all three, but it may be futile.

Big moment for Western Democracy right here.
Why in the world did you lump Israel in there?

Boris de Pfeffel is a stable non-genius.

That's one feature of the anti democratic right wing that I'm struggling with understanding. I get that there's some selection bias involved, but how is pure buffoonery (Boris), corrupt cartoon villainy (Bibi) or a mixed version of the two (Trump) the best that this internatonal movement has to offer as leadership?

The real concern is when this movement learns from these mistakes and finds proper high functioning sociopaths to take another run at the brass ring.

Back