• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Set up a rematch to some extent. Masvidal is really something else. i am surprised Diaz lasted that long.

Tony Ferguson versus Masvidal would be good.

Diaz had a good chance heading into the later rounds but that stoppage was garbage.

No shit they're running it back. All that money... Yea no shit.

I dunno, what that doctor was thinking but, Diaz was getting brutally beat up out there. I think the Doc did Diaz a huge favour. A real big one.

This Marvidal just impressed the heck out of me, in every way. He has the same almost too full head of hair on the sides as Khabib, and he seems as indestructible as Khabib.

No question those two, are within a week of eating, feasting and pigging out on one side, and slimming down on the other side from a historic battle.

Diaz had a good chance heading into the later rounds but that stoppage was garbage.

No shit they're running it back. All that money... Yea no shit.

Watch Marsvidal lately. Guy has become Khabib 2.0. I love Diaz, but I think he is the luckiest, most overhyped fighter of all time. He has huge balls, some skill, but he just is no match for a genetic freakbeast like a Marsvidal.

Question out of left field.....How does Nate Diaz survive for three years without a UFC pay cheque? And the HOW does he get a monster pay day out of the cold? Love to know the players in the game to get these answers, all we can do is speculate.

Loved the Diaz post game interview, he actually said he came up with the concept, thus the marketing gameplan. And you know what? I bet he partially did. Cause of his rep.

Me personally? Diaz versus the other guy who interestingly is following Diaz past... No fights at all for a long time. Connor McGregor.

Winner takes on whoever the billionaires behind Dana white deem is a great marketing capture.

Its sort of a no brainer. Get Diaz pounding the table that he deserves a rematch and get Connor pounding the table he did enough to show the world he is the best at whatever he does(well muscled, loud mouthed clown that can fight well enough to garner a fair amount of respect).

If I was a marketer, I would do this scenario. I think it would garner a lot of interest. The carrot is the winner gets to fight the champ. Whomever that may be.

Last edited:
It was a good stoppage. Doctor isn't there to ensure we're all entertained, they're at the fights to make sure nobody fucking dies. Diaz is the type of guy who will fight until he's dead. They need to be protected from themselves. Diaz needs surgery to remove floating cartilege around the eye when the swelling is down in a couple of weeks. Good stoppage.

Masvidal is a stud and should be looking at the winner of Colby/Usman. Edwards should get the loser of Colby/Usman for the #1 contender spot. Wonderboy/RDA should probably get made as well. Woodley should be back at some point in the not so distant future as well, but I think you feed him someone he's never fought before like Ponzinibbio after a long lay off like this. If he's impressive against a mediocre guy in the bottom of the top 10 like that, he's in the title picture again as well.

Back