• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Peart, drummer from the band Rush, dead.

I was not a big fan of theirs back then but I have come to recognize and appreciate their undeniable greatness.

Yeah. They had that effect on a lot of music fans. People warmed up to them only after decades of being turned off by their uncompromising earnestness and complete lack of sex appeal.

They were so-uncool they eventually became cool...and given props by South Park, I Love You Man, Smashing Pumpkins, etc

If it's the first band you love, it kind of ruins the rest of the music world for you. Everything else seems so simple to produce.

I haven't listened to them in eons, but will finally see the doc, Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Give them a fresh re-listen through the ears of these adult hip hop heads listening to them for the first time:

Last edited:
Give them a fresh re-listen through the ears of these adult hip hop heads listening to them for the first time:

I almost posted these videos with a shout out to you. I really enjoyed them when you first posted them awhile back.

I’m not a fan of their music (will listen to it though) but their talent and ability to create such incredible sound with just three people is outstanding.

Back