• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Play-in Round: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9)

assuming the wingers switching sides on Matthews is a typo.

two situations I'd like to see the Leafs show a step forward in:

1) if they get out to a multigoal cushion
2) if something goes against them in a tight game

a big lead in a playoff game has to mean more than the same thing on some Wednesday in January. and an opponent scoring a big goal against you shouldn't mean you crumble.

assuming the wingers switching sides on Matthews is a typo.

two situations I'd like to see the Leafs show a step forward in:

1) if they get out to a multigoal cushion
2) if something goes against them in a tight game

a big lead in a playoff game has to mean more than the same thing on some Wednesday in January. and an opponent scoring a big goal against you shouldn't mean you crumble.

Nope, Nylander’s been playing the left side for quite some time now (going back to the regular season). And Hyman is a natural right winger.

I really don't understand why I keep reading that we have no forward depth. We've got two bonafide NHLers as extras.
Its 100%because the 4 players making 40 million kicked in this year . People are fycking lazy and dont look beyond that.

I really don't understand why I keep reading that we have no forward depth. We've got two bonafide NHLers as extras.

Well, at the moment, we’ve only really got one NHLer as an extra, since Johnsson’s not healthy enough to return yet.

But if we do get to the point of being fully healthy up front (and bump Goat out of the lineup), we do look like we’ve got the makings of four lines that can produce offence, with one decent offensive player still on the outside looking in.

how so? I see a team that can’t score; only the dead wings scored less in the conference.

Oh its the usual advanced stats nonsense I'm sure. But since the leafs made their coaching change, here's the top 5 all-situations xgf% of all the play in teams:

3. TOR
5. CAR
6. PIT
7. CBJ
8. MIN

And CBJ is a team like the leafs and pens that was missing a ton of players while doing that.

its especially annoying because there's so many terrible play in teams:

22. CHI
23. EDM
24. FLA
26. NYR
28. WPG
30. VAN

Xgf is a nice team stat but is seriously undermined if you lack snipers.

Habs have great xgf but most of their players shoot right in the goalie’s belly.

I didn’t watch the Blue Jackets much this year but they strike me as similarly non threatening. They were bottom 5 in the league in goals scored.

Xgf is a nice team stat but is seriously undermined if you lack snipers.

Habs have great xgf but most of their players shoot right in the goalie’s belly.

I didn’t watch the Blue Jackets much this year but they strike me as similarly non threatening. They were bottom 5 in the league in goals scored.

True, but on paper guys like dubois Bjorkstrand nyquist atkinson can score if they're getting quality chances, and i like some of the kids at the bottom of the lineup too.

Ha look at Edmonton. What a shit ass team getting worked by another shit ass team.

Well, at the moment, we’ve only really got one NHLer as an extra, since Johnsson’s not healthy enough to return yet.

But if we do get to the point of being fully healthy up front (and bump Goat out of the lineup), we do look like we’ve got the makings of four lines that can produce offence, with one decent offensive player still on the outside looking in.
I suspect that AJ is healthy. They had him playing on the pp in practice the other day. Regardless, lots of depth forwards floating around and there's very few teams that would need to play a guy like Kappanen or even Kerfoot on the third line.

I finally was able to log into my stupid bodog account and realize I had already bet $10 on the Leafs to win it all.

2/27/2010:26 PMPlaced - Single To Win $ 220.00
  • Toronto Maple Leafs (+2200)

I finally was able to log into my stupid bodog account and realize I had already bet $10 on the Leafs to win it all.

2/27/2010:26 PMPlaced - Single To Win $ 220.00
  • Toronto Maple Leafs (+2200)

Ha. You should just change your name to Kenny Rogers at this point.

Ha. You should just change your name to Kenny Rogers at this point.

nah. I put $100 in my bodog account in 2013. Current balance is $72 (after wiring out $350 when Kings won the cup).

Mostly place small NFL bets.

Back