• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

post a fact about beer.

BURG

Mod Squad
In Czech Republic, the average person drinks 346 12-ounce bottles of beer per year — the most of any other country.

Cali Ed

I'm guessing there's something to this, but somehow a brewing giant in the microbrew business seems like a match made in hell. :(

The North American subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, maker of Budweiser and Stella Artois, is moving into the craft beer business, announcing Wednesday it will buy Blue Point Brewing Co., a N.Y. craft brewery.

Anheuser-Busch, based in St. Louis, did not disclose terms of the deal, but the move is the latest in efforts to expand AB InBev's footprint. ...

Blue Point first began brewing craft beers 15 years ago in Patchogue, N.Y., and has become popular on the East Coast.

InBev to buy Blue Point Brewing

BURG

Mod Squad
Well, it's not a fact about beer per say, but it is a news story involving beer:

Beer contaminated with crocodile bile kills 56 in Mozambique, sends dozens more to hospital

A traditional Mozambican beer served at a funeral led to hundreds of mourners getting sick. Police are investigating what caused the contamination

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Sunday, January 11, 2015, 3:59 PM

Contaminated traditional beer has killed 56 people in Mozambique, health authorities in the southern African country said on Sunday.

An additional 49 people were admitted to hospitals in the Chitima and Songo districts in the northeastern Tete province, and 146 more people have reported to hospitals to be examined for the poisoning, district health official Alex Albertini told Radio Mozambique.

Those who drank the contaminated brew were attending a funeral in the region on Saturday, Albertini said.

Pombe, a traditional Mozambican beer, is made from millet or corn flour. Authorities believe that the drink was poisoned with crocodile bile during the course of the funeral.

Blood and traditional beer samples were being sent to the capital Maputo to be tested, said provincial health director Carle Mosse.

"We don't have the capacity to test the samples," she told Radio Mozambique.
Click link above to read entire article.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Love beer. There are so many good microbrews out now that you could go a year trying new stuff.

C.W.A.S.

I love Beer and even though I am a few month shy of my 18th B-Day I have been drinking it since I was 15. I do enjoy Molson Lager and the Molson Cider is also actually pretty good.

BURG

Mod Squad
Beer is the world’s most widely consumed alcoholic beverage and the third-most popular drink overall (after water and tea).