• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
Brodie would be a good partner for Petry. Or stick him with Weber. Probably a pairing up from where he should be but he is more fitted to play their than mete.
i go with
Weber/Brodie
Petry/Mete

i think weber needs that a guy like Brodie more than Petry

Rolex

Canadiens Moderator
Chariots or Tire Fire can’t handle speed. Maybe he can be rotated in against bigger, slower teams.
I don’t get why they got him....

unless you thought he would be Weber’s partner (which even they didn’t think he would), then why even bother signing him ?
For the role he plays, any AHL/system player would have sufficed (read Kulak, Juulsen, Mete, Fleury, etc)

Sal_Butera

I don’t get why they got him....

unless you thought he would be Weber’s partner (which even they didn’t think he would), then why even bother signing him ?
For the role he plays, any AHL/system player would have sufficed (read Kulak, Juulsen, Mete, Fleury, etc)
There’s zero physicality on the left side - neither Kulak or Mete possess that physical attribute. There’s a lot overreaction IMO, I suspect he’ll look better as the season progresses especially post Xmas when the whistles start to be put away.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
i go with
Weber/Brodie
Petry/Mete

i think weber needs that a guy like Brodie more than Petry
The analytics don't lie, Kulak and Petry are a legit good second pairing. I don't see why they should be broken up.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
There’s zero physicality on the left side - neither Kulak or Mete possess that physical attribute. There’s a lot overreaction IMO, I suspect he’ll look better as the season progresses especially post Xmas when the whistles start to be put away.
Like LCS said, he'll be good against bigger and slower teams like St. Louis. He gets exposed badly against fast teams.

worm

for the first time in his career?

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
Yeah...pass.

With all the nervous noise and anger...Habs actually outplayed TBay not vice versa. Stay the course live with the growing pains, it’ll be ok.

Yup, the term left on his deal is too lengthy for a 30 year old on the decline.