• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

My guess is when Bergevin says a player is not for trade, he means it but if an offer is done that he can't refuse, he will proceed. See Subban. He said he didn't want to trade him, I think he meant it, but when Nashville came knocking at the door with Weber, he couldn't refuse that deal.

Bergevin doesn’t understand the concept of sell high I guess

It's apparently you who doesn't. Why do you think the asking price for Petry is "huge"? He's not waking on July 1; if a team is willing to "overpay" for him today then move him, otherwise there's no need to trade him today.

It's apparently you who doesn't. Why do you think the asking price for Petry is "huge"? He's not waking on July 1; if a team is willing to "overpay" for him today then move him, otherwise there's no need to trade him today.

It's pretty straight forward and you are the one who doesn't seem to understand that today Petry's value is as high as it's going to get...there are many teams interested if you take Friedmans comments seriously which I tend to, Friedman also states that Petry is one of the most asked about players in the NHL.

Tell me when Pretry's value will be higher than today...

In the summer? No

Next deadline when he's a pending UFA vs this year with still another year left on his deal.? No

But if Bergevin wants to keep Petry that's obviously a logical choice also...but I'm kinda looking at the big picture now and re-signing a 33 yr dman long term next year is not really that appealing to a team going nowhere in the present.

It's pretty straight forward and you are the one who doesn't seem to understand that today Petry's value is as high as it's going to get...there are many teams interested if you take Friedmans comments seriously which I tend to, Friedman also states that Petry is one of the most asked about players in the NHL.

Tell me when Pretry's value will be higher than today...

In the summer? No

Next deadline when he's a pending UFA vs this year with still another year left on his deal.? No

But if Bergevin wants to keep Petry that's obviously a logical choice also...but I'm kinda looking at the big picture now and re-signing a 33 yr dman long term next year is not really that appealing to a team going nowhere in the present.
When was the last time at trade deadline a top end prospect was dealt - Byram, Newhook etc.? Doesn’t happen anymore. I have zero interest in dealing Petry for an Avs 20+ overall 1st rounder + Jost...that’s not selling high.

At draft there will be many more teams interested as they will establish cap for next season and the give will likely be higher

On top of saying that he also said that Petry is garnering alot of interest and Mb is getting alot of calls for him.
Canes were getting lots of calls for a goalie after the Leafs game...doesn’t mean anyone is willing to give up value. Petry deal has to be a slam dunk highway robbery or no deal. MB has all the leverage and it’s a game of chicken.

When was the last time at trade deadline a top end prospect was dealt - Byram, Newhook etc.? Doesn’t happen anymore. I have zero interest in dealing Petry for an Avs 20+ overall 1st rounder + Jost...that’s not selling high.

At draft there will be many more teams interested as they will establish cap for next season and the give will likely be higher

Don doesn't know what the offers for Petry actually are so you can't take what he says too seriously. The one thing that MB is good at is making trades so if he doesn't trade Petry today, and he shouldn't unless he gets a ridiculous offer, it's safe to assume that nothing great was offered.

Don doesn't know what the offers for Petry actually are so you can't take what he says too seriously. The one thing that MB is good at is making trades so if he doesn't trade Petry today, and he shouldn't unless he gets a ridiculous offer, it's safe to assume that nothing great was offered.

Well you don't know either what the offers are so we can't take your comments too seriously too can we?

what we do know is that there is alot of interest in Petry if bergevin puts him on the market...what the offers are of course no one knows but I'll venture a guess that they could be very interesting for a team that should be re-building.

Well just last week NJ got a top prospect and a 1st rounder for Coleman

Well you don't know either what the offers are so we can't take your comments too seriously too can we?

what we do know is that there is alot of interest in Petry if bergevin puts him on the market...what the offers are of course no one knows but I'll venture a guess that they could be very interesting for a team that should be re-building.

Yes, actually you can take them very seriously. I actually posited an argument: MB has a very good track record as a trader . . . You gave me nothing other than an opinion based on nothing.

Yes, actually you can take them very seriously. I actually posited an argument: MB has a very good track record as a trader . . . You gave me nothing other than an opinion based on nothing.

No offense Krusty but that is one of your worse takes and it makes very little sense.

Nolan Foote is a meh prospect. That type of talent for Petry along with a late 1st rounder would be an atrocious haul for Petry.

Not saying that would be the haul, just saying that at this time of year teams are willing to trade quality prospects and first rounders

Back