• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tennis/the kid from Thornhill

JaysCyYoung

Legend
An amazing performance by Raonic against the greatest of all-time. Hopefully he can bring it home unlike Bouchard a couple years ago.

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
I wanted Federer to win a final major so I would have preferred a Federer win. However, hopefully he beats the Grump badly as Murray is totally detestable.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
Roanic's serve, net game, reach, all look like Wimbledon champion worthy. His backhand and service return? Not so much.

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
The kid just didn't have the complete game/experience to win a grand slam. It's alright, he is just 25. He'll one won of these.

leaffan2005

Honestly, Murray just won the game outright. Milos didn't play bad, but I haven't seen Andy play this well in my life. Sometimes you just run into a better opponent.

Milos will be back.

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, Murray just won the game outright. Milos didn't play bad, but I haven't seen Andy play this well in my life. Sometimes you just run into a better opponent.

Milos will be back.
Yeah but there were several key, potentially match changing, points where Milos had a wide open court but chose to hit the ball to the same side Murray was. Murray got almost all of those returns spot on for points.

Milos will indeed be back. He has improved significantly since last time I saw him.

trujaysfan

Poor execution of his game plan cost him, should have been able to see that when he approached the net he shouldn't be opening up the court the way he was.

He really only tried to instill his power on his ground strokes in the 3rd set, overall a Major final is a huge accomplishment but he did not play well technically or tactically in this match.