• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tennis/many Canucks to cheer for now

I would almost rather go in against Yoel Zeke, than play Nadal. Federer said it best. He said he has never found a hitting partner who could come anywhere close to approximating, the Nadal spin. Said, its just horrible to play against, even if you win, your body feels like it lost.

My son was in the same program, same age as our wunderkid, Shapovalov, I schooled(or so I thought) the tennis canada guys on Denis' forehand. I thoiught it was too loopy. My old party bud, took him under his wing. They have been together ever since.

Shapo is doing pretty well, despite the still loopy forehand eh?

Canadian tennis is rocking.... Soon as they hired that world class coach 12 or 13 years ago. I knew things would turn around. But I never imagined this kind of success. Its awesome.

I love Bianca. True champion. She is the best of all of them imo.

That is awesome to see. Beating Medvedev? WOW. Very very impressive. Guy is 29 now too, that is sorta up there in tennis age. Well done guy.

He is on maple syrup.

He probably gets a commercial out of that move lol.

The media coverage on Canadian tennis players is so meager now No shit, when I was playing juniors I had the front page of the Ottawa Journal, and it was just for winning the Ottawa u 18's. Heck, tennis was so covered back then.

We have outstanding players now, far far better than me or my contemporaries were, Snaajder, Halder etc... but we were covered for every move we made.

Sad. Tennis is a great sport. Tennis and hockey as Bjorn used to say, "are the best".

Apparently Vasek has a big job with the ATP or something? Heard that a few weeks ago.

He still needs to develop his serve and return of serve - but he has a really good chance of being a top 2-4 player in the next few years

Anyone watching Shapovalov playing like à boss against Goffin? Really impressive so far. Up 2 sets to one right now.

Back