• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

Not sure we really know a lot about the long term effects of the illness yet, so very much hoping the symptoms are mild, if any.

I'm glad Fred is negative and is no longer in Arizona. Last thing we need is October Freshly Recovered from Corona Freddie.

Not to remove any human side of this (because really, sports are gay) but it would be very leafs if one of their stars has career ending impacts from covid. In fact I'd be stunned if it didn't happen. And if every other non leaf develops super powers after recovering it wouldn't shock me.

Unfortunately, this is about the least surprising thing ever.

This is also why any kind of waiving of the quarantine period for professional athletes looking to cross the Canadian border is an awful idea.

Not to remove any human side of this (because really, sports are gay) but it would be very leafs if one of their stars has career ending impacts from covid. In fact I'd be stunned if it didn't happen. And if every other non leaf develops super powers after recovering it wouldn't shock me.

And I was called Eyore?

Here I am on my death bed and you are saying this shit?

Advanced Covid-19 strategy: Get your stars infected now and spread throughout the team so they all have immunity and anti-bodies before the season re-starts.

2b5XkJO.gif

yeah not a bit of surprise here. I didn't think this was going to work and I still don't. Every single thing we are seeing in the world outside sports is pointing to any attempt at early openings or anything diverting from caution and patience has resulted in disaster.

And I was called Eyore?

Here I am on my death bed and you are saying this shit?
Nah you would say something like "blaming bad luck is a cop out. The organization has been inept for decades and they deserve everything they've gotten."

Which is probably closer to the truth but that just means we're equally Eyore but in very different ways.

Advanced Covid-19 strategy: Get your stars infected now and spread throughout the team so they all have immunity and anti-bodies before the season re-starts.

2b5XkJO.gif
Worst case, I'm about 75% sure I got this shit a couple months ago so I'm probably immune now. I'm ready to lace them up in case Matthews dies.

If it was really about public health, I might pick Vancouver and Edmonton.

Alberta and BC combined have 51 new cases today. Nevada had their highest cases ever just yesterday.

Back