• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

LeafGm

How long was Eichel out with his high ankle injury?

I think 6-8 weeks is the usual amount of time (and even longer than that for a full recovery).

I guess if Mitch is out for that length of time, our roster crunch goes away until he's ready to come back. Even when Hyman's healthy, we'd be able to run with a full 23-man roster if we so chose with Marner's cap hit on LTIR.

LeafOfFaith

Fack. That long for an ankle sprain?

The one silver lining is, wouldn’t that give us a ton of cap space at the deadline?

Matrim

Fack. That long for an ankle sprain?

The one silver lining is, wouldn’t that give us a ton of cap space at the deadline?
Well yeah, it's got to heal and it's not like he can skate during that time so he'll need some time to get up to speed. If it is that bad he probably won't be back to normal until Feb/Mar.

BG

I'm sure they already have a short-list, or possibly even a trade at the ready.

WellPlayed

Kinda bittersweet for me. I have alot of fond memories of Don and coach's corner. What he said was in no way defensible but he's an old dude who loves Canada and the vets, and he's got some bad ideas in his head that won't change aren't justified like alot of older people do.

I blame Sportsnet for some of this. They should have forced him to ride off into the sunset with his dignity while they had the chance. It was clear he was past his best before date and I was just waiting for something like this to happen. Every coach's corner felt like Russian roulette.

Sad way for it to end.

Preston

He's a senile old man. I grew up watching him and sure, I used to like him as a kid.. But he was always a terrible human being and never understood hockey at the level he thought he did.

LeafOfFaith

Wow. I’m not on board with this. He was a staple since childhood during the first intermission. Sucks to lose that to anything other than his death or retirement basically.