• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

By the way, with all these injuries to expensive players this year, we should be able to add a $10m player at the deadline if we wanted to, right?

The Leafs currently have $6MM in available cap space. That will be reduced to around zero when Muzzin and then Rielly get back (which they have to leave room for).

So, things haven't really changed in terms of adding new salary. They have to move an equal amount the other way.

By the way, with all these injuries to expensive players this year, we should be able to add a $10m player at the deadline if we wanted to, right?

Because the Leafs have been using LTIR all season long, it doesn't exactly work that way.

Basically---yes, they could add someone equal to Rielly's salary right now while he's on LTIR. But then once he's ready to come back, you wouldn't be able to re-activate him until you cleared that cap space.

The one loophole is that there is no salary cap in the playoffs. So if you waited until the playoffs to re-activate Rielly, you could have both him and the theoretical replacement you picked up while he was out in the lineup regardless of their cap hits.

It'll be great to finally be rid of all the dead LTIR money resulting from the clarkson debacle next year for the first time in forever.

Still 2 more years of that painful and stupid $1.2m retained on Kessel, though.

I guess I’ll never understand how the cap works. I thought it was a daily spend, and for each day that the injured player isn’t on the roster you’ve saved the amount he’s paid for cap purposes.

I guess I’ll never understand how the cap works. I thought it was a daily spend, and for each day that the injured player isn’t on the roster you’ve saved the amount he’s paid for cap purposes.

It doesn’t accumulate. You can exceed the cap in the same amount while he’s out.

might be the last time we ever see him, tbh...

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I just don't see anything resembling an NHL skill-set there.

That brief cup of coffee in the NHL may have just been a reward for all his years of hard work in the organization.

Maybe the purpose was to showcase him for his benefit, so that a team watching him might give him a shot and us a 7th rounder or something.

BTW... How many of you all are still excited about our team?

I know I am. I have not criticized this team in years. Even though I think, (who cares no award or prize for it) I was the very first person to say online that Crosby was finished, no, sorry, I meant to say, that Babcock was not good at all for us.

I still am excited, very much so. We have so much to be excited about.

Not going to state the obvious, but we have a forward corps that maybe only Washington can be jealous of We have a cool. new, but not(Marlies coach)

And we have yet to see Lilly and Sandin with the big squad.

We are nowhere near a playoff spot, but we have a really nice team.

So... I am just going to continue to be patient. I like a lot of the current guys;

Gotta say though. If any of us, mostly me, could do a mind exchange, we could turn the goat into at least the midnight africa Hyanaee.

Skilled big mean men. SBMM. SBMM. That is what Washington is and was.

Our top guy, shows off his arse to ugly and lonely Security people

Their second or third best guy, gets busted for Crack.

I apologize Leaf fans but I dont remember who was chatting about going to the Habs/Leafs game in Montreal in February and looking for tickets

I spoke with my buddy in Montreal and their 2 pairs are going to be used for customers for this game

I apologize Leaf fans but I dont remember who was chatting about going to the Habs/Leafs game in Montreal in February and looking for tickets

I spoke with my buddy in Montreal and their 2 pairs are going to be used for customers for this game
It was me, GEEMAN.

Thanks for the follow-up on this. Mucho appreciated.

Before the game Bobo said the Leafs reached on to muzzin's agent. Not close to a deal or anything but there's real interest in keeping him it seems. LOF might cry.

Before the game Bobo said the Leafs reached on to muzzin's agent. Not close to a deal or anything but there's really interest in keeping him it seems. LOF might cry.

If Muzzin stays, Dermott is getting traded. Sandin is really good.

Dermott has played Rd just fine in the past. Him, Holl and Liljegren on the right actually seems real strong to me.

That's likely what it comes down to if we keep Muzzin.

Unless one of Dermott or Sandin can play RD well, Dermott goes.

Big ass unspent chunk of cap if that's the lineup. But yeah, that would work too.
Fair. Wonder if Dubas goes balls to the ball acquiring a real good cost controlled goalie with that space. Lots of moving parts regardless.. you know the fucker wants Pietro and would absolutely keep muzzin over Dermott if the price is right despite age and whatnot.

So we'll see. Either way I trust the glasses.

Back