• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

That requires too deep of a scouting dive. But the Marlies are one of the highest paying teams outside of the NHL. Surely they can find some goalie from some league for $900K a year that has some upside.

The guys like Hutch, and the others you mention are a dime a dozen and completely interchangeable. Finding a 30 year old to play well in the AHL isn't hard. Finding a #3 that can actually play in the NHL if you need it is though.

That requires too deep of a scouting dive. But the Marlies are one of the highest paying teams outside of the NHL. Surely they can find some goalie from some league for $900K a year that has some upside.

You'd figure this would have been the year they would have, if they could have....

I'm down for this as a solution and am entirely cool with it. I prefer that to bringing Hutch back. It's hard to get these Euro free agents over without guaranteed NHL jobs though.

The guys like Hutch, and the others you mention are a dime a dozen and completely interchangeable. Finding a 30 year old to play well in the AHL isn't hard. Finding a #3 that can actually play in the NHL if you need it is though.

Agreed, I was just responding to the idea of finding someone "better than Hutch" for that #3 slot. They kind of don't exist. We can though, as you noted, find a pile of guys really similar to Hutch, sure. I don't quite get the point of shuffling deck chairs though.

Yeah, if Hutch is the best option, he is the best option. I'd just try to flex their financial muscle to get someone that might have some upside if that is out there.

The Marlies are a coveted position for players, just like it is for coaching. You get paid like an NHLer and get the exposure.

I don't think we need to rest on Jack Campbell, if the Leafs think they have found a tandem partner Campbell may well be an easy waive/trade/buyout.

In my bold predictions for next season I'm saying Campbell takes over the starter roll and is awesome. Late bloomers finally figures things out.

So the question is does Dermott play the right side or do they ship him out?

Or.. bonus possibility... do they trade Mo and grab an elite RHD?

Hey while everyone else was calling for keeping Barrie this past summer I was the only one beating the muzzin drum. LHD or not he's real good.

Back