• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The MotherFucking Off-Season Thread

Get rid of Andersen, one of Marner/Nylander, Johnsson/Kapanen, and Barrie, Ceci walk. Let Clifford walk as well and try to bring back Giggles

We thought this team was a contender, they are actually a midpack team that can't even win 1 round spending 10+ million on 3 guys

Flat cap + pathetic underperformance + coach already fired = wholesale roster changes

Yeah, Freddy has enough reputation to trade him for something decent. Lehner-Campbell please.

Keepers (whether by choice or due to contract): Matthews, Marner, Willy, Tavares, Rielly, Muzzin, Miki, Hyman, Robertson, Kerfoot, Sandin, Lilly, Campbell, Holl
Could go: Kappy, Johnsson, Engvall, Dermott
Should go: Freddy, Barrie, Ceci, Goat
Keep if cheap: Spezza, Clifford

Could + Should go needs to be turned into a RHD. Manson, Pesce, whoever that can play with Muzzin or Rielly.

Out of curiousity, what would you gets realistically ask / want in return for Kapanen?

Get rid of Andersen, one of Marner/Nylander, Johnsson/Kapanen, and Barrie, Ceci walk. Let Clifford walk as well and try to bring back Giggles

All of these except Marner/Nylander unless its an even swap across the board. And with Willy contract value that aint happening

Out of curiousity, what would you gets realistically ask / want in return for Kapanen?

The only reason to trade him is if we're getting a RHD in return. I get that he alone doesn't get us a Manson, Pesce, etc but he should be the centrepiece bringing a lot of the value to a package that gets it done.

There’s no big changes coming. There are plenty of guys leaving, and those spots will be filled by kids and maybe a ufa like Pietrangelo if they can land him.

Look for maybe one trade involving a midlevel guy or two like Kappy and Johnsson. Kappy lost his clutch rep with this stinker series.

I would love for someone to blow their brains out for Mucho, but I don't think it will happen.

Back