• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The MotherFucking Off-Season Thread

Are they bigger difference makers than say a Pietrangelo and a cheap goalie? Depends on the goalie I suppose but at the cheaper end we know who the names are.

Really don't get this goalies, schmoalies shit.

You see, because he had no idea who Khudobin was before the playoffs that means none of us did, which also means that he couldn't have been very good because none of us knew who he was.

Because Khudobin has been very good in the playoffs (despite not being good, because see above), that means any goalie can get you to the finals.

I think he's mostly trolling about the goalie stuff

MedicalInsignificantAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

You see, because he had no idea who Khudobin was before the playoffs that means none of us did, which also means that he couldn't have been very good because none of us knew who he was.

Because Khudobin has been very good in the playoffs (despite not being good, because see above), that means any goalie can get you to the finals.

I didn’t know who Khudobin was??

Haha. Is this you trying to be an asshole?

Actually yes, you can’t put Hutch in there and expect to win. But you don’t need Price. And you can’t bank that having Lehner over Andersen on its own is going to make any difference in the outcome.

Are you joking or what? Just making things up Trump style?

I said a week ago that if he could get to the finals, the idea that it's a must to have a star starting goalie went out the window. That doesn't mean I didn't know who he was, but rather the opposite, that I knew exactly who he was. He played a couple of years just recently on Boston, who plays in our division and who we played in the playoffs. I didn't know who he was. Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit sometimes.

From what I have read and various convos, I am pretty confident he’s staying in the States, still think Blues re-sign at last second

But you clearly didn't know exactly who he was, as your hot take was brutally wrong about him and his track record.

I knew exactly who he fucking was, and I stick by the position.

He's a fucking career backup who cracked 40 GP in only ONE season by the age of 34. He's had two good seasons, as a backup at ages 33 and 34, which came after several seasons of being shit. And he made the cup finals for a team no one ever thought was a serious contender. So give me a fucking break. Anyone expecting a repeat performance at age 35 next year is probably in for a rude awakening.

Such fucking nonsense. Creating a total fiction - "uh, you didn't know who he was; uh okay, you knew who he was but didn't know anything about his nonexistent stellar track record as a backup; uh uh uh". No, only you've heard of players. You should be a pro scout with all that knowledge. And your hot take on him being some fucking awesome goalie who no one should be surprised is only two wins away from a cup is as dumb and obnoxious as your claim that I didn't even know he existed until yesterday.

He's a fucking career backup who cracked 40 GP in only ONE season by the age of 34.

What does that have to do with the price of pork in Israel? He can't control how many games he plays, only how he plays in the games that he gets into. I posted his career numbers when you shit yourself on this topic last week. Super elite backup, and has been for most of his career.

He's had two good seasons, as a backup at ages 33 and 34, which came after several seasons of being shit.

False Bobo. You even have the ages wrong.

I didn't even know he existed until yesterday.

You still don't know who he is today apparently.

Oh sorry, he can't control how many games he plays. You mean just like every other goalie, some of whom get to be starters and play most of the games (probably because they're good), while others never get to be starters at any point in their career (probably because they're not so good)? Like this guy up until like six weeks ago. Only 16 years after he was drafted. Jesus fucking christ.

Sorry, you want to play the birthday game? He's 34 right now and has been since may. It sure changes everything if he had his first two good seasons at ages 32/33 and 33/34. Bravo. Big win.

Pretty sure it's you who doesn't know who he is. Or you wouldn't be pumping the tires of a guy who's never done shit in his career till he was on the verge of retirement. So who is it that you're actually thinking of here?

Back