• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

leafman101

Time will tell about the players, but love the strategy. Picked up two 4ths and a 6th next year to take Mims at 59 instead of 48. Dubas would be proud.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Saints gave the Vikings 4 picks (130, 169, 203, 244) to move up to 105. Two different strategies at work. Saints thinking because training camp will be abbreviated, who needs all these projects that won't benefit from hands on coaching...and the Vikings thinking, because the pre-draft interviews were cut short, we might as well grab as many candidates as possible, and sort it out later.

Montana

Champion
Really dig our Cameron Clark pick 101....kick him inside to LG/RG and we likely have a long term starter there within a year or two....would particularly like grooming him next to Becton for the long run.

Probably gives us the flexibility to cut/restructure Winters and save some money too (to maybe go sign CB Logan Ryan)...

Dig the Morgan pick too, cannon of an arm, ideal developmental pick who can be our backup for the foreseeable future.

Don't like the Perine pick at all....liked 3-4 RBs still on the board more than him, and just didn't think we needed to spend that kind of high value pick on such a "meh" RB overall.....

Becton, Mims, Davis, and Clark all have a great chance to be significant starters for us in 21' forward....I dig it.

Montana

Champion
Im legit excited that we just drafted the best punter in the class.....this kid can boom it.

....I'd low-key be down with double dipping on special teams and taking K Rodrigo Blankenship next, too. I got an odd affinity for K/P in the draft.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Vikings dealing surplus picks this year for better ones next season -- traded a 5th for a 4th (2021), and a 6th for a 5th (2021). That's a nice year over year ROI.