• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

leafman101

"I don't feel like he's the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land," Adams said. "As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn't have a relationship with everybody in the building.

"At the end of the day, he doesn't address the team," Adams added. "If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing [expletive] and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."

Adams requested a trade on in June following reports that he and the Jets were at an impasse in contract negotiations. He called out Douglas for not following through on his public statements regarding contract talks.

"Why would Joe come out and say, 'We want to make Jamal a Jet for life?'" Adams said. "Why would you say that and then not even give me an offer?... Don't B.S. me. I'm a straightforward guy. You don't have to B.S. me, because I'm going to keep it honest."

BG

Washington is going to be in the news cycle a lot leading up to the season - if they're serious about the name change, then it's best to have the team called anything but 'Redskins' until a new name is official.

Leafin'

Jets are in shambles right now. A strong start to the season would really help change the narrative surrounding that team. Big year for Darnold. Though I wonder if it would be a good idea to get rid of Gase before he can further destroy the team.

Bills are way ahead at the moment. Looking like the Fish could be turning things around. I actually really like Cam if healthy and could see them winning the division.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
At least they got a good return.

Gase being a nightmare/waste of a few years was 97% predictable.

CH1

I don’t think he’s a douche just because he dislikes Gase (a lot of people do) but I wouldn’t give up so much draft capital for a safety (even a great one)

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Cover corners maybe as it allows you to double up on the other side but safety? I agree, that's a lot.

CH1

Yeah. There’s a reason several corners are drafted in the first round every year.....while the best college safeties are commonly drafted much later.

Having sad that, Adams is a great fit for Seattle.

GEEMAN

I don’t think he’s a douche just because he dislikes Gase (a lot of people do) but I wouldn’t give up so much draft capital for a safety (even a great one)
He had a contract with 2 years to go if they franchised him , dont make those stupid comments about the coach

Thats a douchebag move in my books

You will get rewarded later on if your still good

Good on the Jets for this trade , but they took it on the chin signing Bell who doesnt give a shit anymore

CH1

Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif became the first NFL player to opt out of the 2020 NFL season. A med school graduate, Duvernay-Tardif has been working on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic and has chosen to prioritize that work over returning to the football field to help the Chiefs pursue a second consecutive Super Bowl title.

CH1

Good on the Jets for this trade , but they took it on the chin signing Bell who doesnt give a shit anymore
Oddly enough, they’re going at each other on Twitter as Bell is accusing that Adams helped recruit him, only to leave a yr later