• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

RoundOverallPlayer SelectedGrade
254DE A.J. Epenesa, IowaA
386RB Zack Moss, UtahB-
4128WR Gabriel Davis, UCFA
5167QB Jake Fromm, GeorgiaB+
6188*K Tyler Bass, Georgia SouthernF
6207*WR Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon StateA-
7239*

I’m guessing the kicker stinks?

I’m reasonably happy considering their first pick was at 54.

Anyone have any insight in this Hodgins kid?

You taking about Quartney Davis? He was ready to sign with Cowboys but Vikes outbid them with extra guaranteed cash.

I am indeed.

That's a riot that he almost signed with the Boys....credit where it's due, Jerry was really on point this year.

Had that Big Yacht Energy.

It a nice dopamine hit when you see owners do the little things that can you give your team an edge.

Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis spurns Cowboys, signs with Vikings
Texas A&M wide receiver Quartney Davis has signed with the Minnesota Vikings after originally agreeing to terms with the Dallas Cowboys. The Vikings increased their initial contract offer significantly to land the former Langham Creek standout.
The Vikings offered Davis $100,000 guaranteed, including a $10,000 signing bonus. The outstanding deal prompted a switch from the Cowboys to NFC North franchise. The Vikings won the bidding war.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...sign-Texas-A-M-WR-Quartney-Davis-15226480.php

It a nice dopamine hit when you see owners do the little things that can you give your team an edge.

Texas A&M WR Quartney Davis spurns Cowboys, signs with Vikings
Texas A&M wide receiver Quartney Davis has signed with the Minnesota Vikings after originally agreeing to terms with the Dallas Cowboys. The Vikings increased their initial contract offer significantly to land the former Langham Creek standout.
The Vikings offered Davis $100,000 guaranteed, including a $10,000 signing bonus. The outstanding deal prompted a switch from the Cowboys to NFC North franchise. The Vikings won the bidding war.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...sign-Texas-A-M-WR-Quartney-Davis-15226480.php

I was saying something similar to a buddy yesterday, with respect to watching the NFL draft in general...

Having your GM pick some random prospect you happened to fall in love with, is one of my favorite feelings in all of sports...it's a dopamine hit unlike any other for me.

Douglas moving down, gathering assets and still taking Mims was peak satisfaction.

Last edited:
I honestly never wanted to a billionaire until I saw Jerry on his fucking yacht drafting real stars for his real team.

That's why I silently root for Gary V to succeed.....so he can one day fulfill his dream of being our Mark Cuban.

The Vikes really crushed this draft in every conceivable way.

It helps when the draft board and draft class were aligned so that BPA also filled desperate roster needs. Spielman is very good at trading up or down and listening to his coaches to deliver them the guys they feel they can coach up.

Having said all that. most guys won't be around in few years. I was looking at previous draft hauls, and so many players I was juiced about on draft day had zero impact.

That's why I silently root for Gary V to succeed.....so he can one day fulfill his dream of being our Mark Cuban.

Not so silent, anymore.

I have a lot of love for Gary V, but man he's got to chill on insta -- clogging up my feed.

I was saying something similar to a buddy yesterday, with respect to watching the NFL draft in general...

Having your GM pick some random prospect you happened to fall in love with, is one of my favorite feelings in all likelihood of sports...it's a dopamine hit unlike any other for me.

Douglas moving down, gathering assets and still taking Mims was peak satisfaction.

Absolutely...when the story you tell yourself as a fan gets played out in reality...peak satisfaction.

Once in a while you come across a stat that blows your mind.
Heard one today.
Also reflects the basic knowledge that the GB Packers have done a terrible job getting talent to help Rodgers out.

but..
QBs like Brady, Peyton, Favre and a few more have thrown at least 200 TDs to players drafted in the first round.
Aaron Rodgers has thrown 1 TD to a player drafted in the first round in his career

Sounds impossible and i dont know how to even verify it but, but i heard this on Mad Dog Sports on Sirius... so it wasnt some tweet from who the hell knows

The Pack have drafted one offensive star in the first round in the past 15 years. That guy was Rodgers.

Pack were one of only 7 teams that did not draft a WR this year.

Also from the Athletic:

The Packers have now used a league-low 1.5 percent of their draft capital for receivers over the past five drafts, with draft capital defined by point values from the old Jimmy Johnson value chart (the ranking was 27th when using values from a revised chart developed by an NFL team’s analytics director). Since 2010, Green Bay has used a league-high 65 percent of its Jimmy Johnson draft capital for defensive picks, only to rank 21st in defensive EPA over that span. When the Saints were selecting Michael Thomas in the second round of the 2016 draft, the Packers were using a first-round pick for defensive tackle Kenny Clark. Over the past five drafts, Green Bay has now selected as many quarterbacks (Love) as wide receivers (Ty Montgomery) in the first three rounds. Montgomery wound up playing running back.

Also from The Athletic

The Vikings traded down four times without trading up. They have now traded down a league-high 27 times over the past 10 drafts, with only nine moves up the board. The 75 percent rate of trading down is the NFL’s highest over that span. That helped Minnesota emerge from this draft with 2021 picks in the fourth and fifth rounds, plus a second fourth-rounder from the Diggs trade.

“Minnesota is consistently one of the best — if not the best — at moving around the draft board and getting great value for their picks,” an exec said.

Back