• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

TSN vs Sportsnet - who do you prefer

trujaysfan

After watching both networks it appears we have the make up of 1 great broadcast crew that is unfortunately divided between the two networks.

Host: Duthie is slightly better than Millard

The smart one: Mackenzie and Friedman are two of the best in the business

The former player: O'Neill vs Kyper... both make reasonably logical arguements about 7-9% of the time but at least O'Neill tells better stories.

The washed up, can't get a FO gig guy: Button vs MacLean... don't think either one could spell Corsi

Between benches: Healy vs Ferraro... both unbearable

At this point I have to give TSN the edge due to production but man they can both be downright terrible at times.

TSN is way better. Its not even close.

I actually like their former players. Ferraro, O'Neill and McLennan. They don't pretend to be experts. They are very self deprecating. But they just shoot the shit and have great stories. And guys like Ferraro and O'Neill have way more insight on playing hockey than someone like Kyper or Healey ever could.

TSN is way better. Its not even close.

I actually like their former players. Ferraro, O'Neill and McLennan. They don't pretend to be experts. They are very self deprecating. But they just shoot the shit and have great stories. And guys like Ferraro and O'Neill have way more insight on playing hockey than someone like Kyper or Healey ever could.

Yeah, I'll take TSN all day, every day. Ferraro is actually a breath of fresh air as the storyteller between the benches and yeah, I think some of the reason for that is that he was actually a core piece for a bunch of years, and not just a coat tail rider. He actually walked the talk that we get from the RSN clowns. Kyper has gotten better over the years imo, but he's still dense. Healy is ****ing unwatchable though. It takes a lot of nerve to hold a grudge against a club for not hiring you as GM when you had no qualifications for the job.

TSN wins by a country mile. Both in terms of production values and on-air talent.

The only guy worth listening to on RSN is Elliotte Freidman. Though I will give Rogers credit---as far as play-by-play goes, I think Paul Romanuk was an excellent hire. If they could just phase Jim Hughson entirely out of our HNIC broadcasts and give us Romanuk intead, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Ferraro is the best in the business. He is blunt (which is often hilarious) and a very smart hockey guy. O'Neill is dumb and admits that every time I hear him talk. His stupidity is entertaining to listen to. Bobby Mac has gotten a bit smug over the years, but meh he's better than anything on Sportsnet. TSN is better in every way imaginable.

TSN and it's not close.

All sportsnet has that i'd want TSN to purge is Friedman the rest are dreadful, and the only real problem child on TSN is Craig Button.

TSN all the way, both radio and TV. I don't think they have anyone I'm not a fan of watching or listening to. (Maybe dregs). On Sportsnet side, I like Elliotte, don't mind Shannon, Blair, and maybe even bobcat.

There's only one answer to this question.

Although I do like Friedman, Mike Johnson and Paul Romanuk.

There's only one answer to this question.

Although I do like Friedman, Mike Johnson and Paul Romanuk.
Yeah, Mike Johnson, good call. I forgot about him.

Out of all the "between the benches" analysts, I like him the best. Ferraro actually grates on me sometimes.

Sometimes less is more, and Ferraro just doesn't know when to stop talking.

Can't stand Mike Johnson at times, still better than Healy though.

TSN = Forum Ice >>> SN = HFboards

Yeah TSN > SN. I like Mike Johnson quite a bit. He was a little wooden when he started out, but he's improved a lot since. Probably the smartest guy of the lot.

Back