• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What are you drinking/last thing you drank?

Re: What are you drinking/last think you drank?

Famous Gate Pinot Noir from Domaine Carneros winery in Napa, California

Re: What are you drinking/last think you drank?

Tim Hortons large half French Vanilla half coffee.

Knee Deep, a brewer up in Northern California (40 miles northeast of Sacramento in Auburn, CA) makes excellent IPAs, so I wasn't about to pass on their 11th anniversary brew. Especially as it's a TIPA! Checking in at a robust 11% ABV, this was a dank, delicious delight.

Attachments

• 20211012_081730.jpg
    20211012_081730.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This morning, it's Toasted Almond Caramel coffee from Good & Gather (Target brand). Three sweeteners (hey, it's an 18 oz. mug. ;)). Hits the spot.

Reduced Point Dume DIPA by 14 Cannons.jpg

Got to enjoy this one for lunch yesterday. Point Dume is a promontory on the coast at Malibu here in Cali. 14 Cannons (relatively new microbrewer) is located in nearby Westlake Village. My first time with them; had heard many good things about them. Good DIPA!

At the Craftoberfest at the Rose Bowl today, the following 5 oz. samplers (totaling 13 in all)
Turn Some Pages - Radiant Brewing (IPA)
Frucht: Boysenberry (sour/Berliner Weiss) by The Bruery
Chapman Crafted - Opt Out (IPA) and their German Pilsner
Tarantula Hill - Blonde (Blond Ale)
Ogopogo - Drude (festbier) and El Silbon (Pastry sour, 2 tasters since my wife didn't like)
LA Ale Works - Festbier
Made West - Hazy IPA
Topa Topa - Chief Peak (Hazy IPA)
Spaten (Weissbier)
El Segundo Citra (Pale ale)

That's four pints in four hours. Yikes!

Tonight's beer is called Study Break, by the masters at Bottle Logic in Anaheim. It's an imperial stout made with lactose, cocoa nibs and peanuts. It's supposed to taste like its been soaked in a bunch of Snickers bars, and it does, somewhat. It also packs a wallop at 10% ABV. Really like Bottle Logic, particularly their stouts.

Bottle Logic Study Break reduced.jpg

My wife found out about how much I had to drink on Saturday, and has put the kibosh on buying more beer. We also decided maybe it's time to get serious about weight loss. Going to go without for awhile. Let's see how long I last.

Today, mostly sparkling water, thanks to my Soda Stream.

Back