• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 Summer transfer thread

Makes sense. He's pretty much a Championship level player now. Terry did fairly well at that level last season, so I suspect Williams well do so as well once he settles in. They have the same problem ... glacial speed.

He also wants first team football as the qualifiers for Euro 2020 start up in March.

Looks like a straight player swap in Serie A. Gonzalo Higuaín and Mattia Caldera are headed to AC Milan, Leonardo Bonucci is headed to Juventus.

Higuain goes to Milan on a season long loan with an option to buy. Caldera and Bonucci are traded for each other.

Alfie Mawson goes to Fulham from Swansea.

Newcastle sign Yoshinori Muto from Mainz after he was granted a work permit.

Last edited:
Young American defender Antonee Robinson signs a contract extension with Everton and is loaned to Wigan. He played at Bolton on loan last year. He came up through Everton’s academy but has never played for the senior team.

Young American defender Antonee Robinson signs a contract extension with Everton and is loaned to Wigan. He played at Bolton on loan last year. He came up through Everton’s academy but has never played for the senior team.

Robinson is a sharp young player. Sadly he's stuck behind some pretty good fullback options at Everton and if they do go with Holgate on the right side, then he's much better off stepping down a league and playing another 30-40 games.

Everton obviously has faith in him or they wouldn’t have extended him for 3 more years. He played 34 games for Bolton last year so they should have gotten some assurances from Wigan that he’d play at least that many this year.

And while we’re all waiting for the Prem to kick off next weekend, the Championship gets underway today with Reading hosting Derby in Frank Lampard’s managerial debut.

Last edited:
Celtic needed another winger since this were unable to extend Patrick Roberts' loan deal or agree a fee for him with Man City. Kind of a like for like replacement from the same source.

Burnley have completed a deal and are on the verge of completing another. They have signed Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson for about £15 million. They’re on the verge of signing Joe Hart for about £4 million. He underwent a medical on Friday. Joe Hart rated at £4 million. How the mighty have fallen.

Leicester sign Monaco winger Rachid Ghezzal for a reported £10 million. He played for Claude Puel at Lyon.

Burnley have completed a deal and are on the verge of completing another. They have signed Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson for about £15 million. They’re on the verge of signing Joe Hart for about £4 million. He underwent a medical on Friday. Joe Hart rated at £4 million. How the mighty have fallen.

Hart has been fairly bad for two seasons on the trot, now. That'll lower one's market value. You'd think that at age 31 he's got a comeback left in the tank but he's such an emotional player ... I dunno. I noticed that Nick Pope got hurt, so I guess Burnley were a bit desperate.

Last edited:
Belgian International Axel Witsel leaves China for Borussia Dortmund fo his €20 million release fee.

Chelsea send US International Matt Miazga on loan with an option to buy to Nantes. He signed with Chelsea in 2016 but only appeared twice for them. He was loaned to Dutch side Vitesse for 2 seasons, helping them win the Dutch Cup in 2017.

Belgian International Axel Witsel leaves China for Borussia Dortmund fo his €20 million release fee.

Chelsea send US International Matt Miazga on loan with an option to buy to Nantes. He signed with Chelsea in 2016 but only appeared twice for them. He was loaned to Dutch side Vitesse for 2 seasons, helping them win the Dutch Cup in 2017.

That's a good move for Miazga. Better league, but a team that will still probably use him in heavy rotation. I was amazed at his improvement during his stint at Vitesse, especially after he looked like his development had well and truly stunted. Now he's a useful National team defender who looks like he might grow into something even better.

A player for player loan swap today. Solomon Rondon heads to Newcastle, Dwight Gayle heads to West Brom.

Calum Chambers had a medical at Fulham today ahead of a loan move from Arsenal.

Joe Hart did sign for Burnley for £4 million. Their starting keeper, Nick Pope was injured in their Europa League match against Aberdeen in late July and will miss 3 months.

Brighton sign winger Anders Dreyer from Esbjerg in Denmark’s 2nd Division. He was the top scorer in the league last year.

Adama Traore is finally having a medical for Woves. That popped up about 2 weeks ago.

Chelsea has paid €80 million to Athletic Bilbao to trigger keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga’s release clause. He’s expected to fly to London for a medical. Current Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois will head to Real Madrid in a £35 million deal.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...aga-pays-release-clause-ahead-of-chelsea-move

Whoah. That's big money for a kid with 50-something top flight appearances. I know everybody seems to think he's a no-brainer star, but that's proven best keeper in the league kind of money. Actually on second thought, that's proven best keeper in the WORLD money. And yeah, I get that it's Bilbao and they don't negotiate, but jeez ...

Back