• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-20 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

No yellow sweater for TVR at practice today. Maybe he’s back tomorrow? If not, probably not until Florida in Tuesday so he can get another full practice in on Monday.

He looked uncomfortable in his suit near the bench when introduced last night. He is really that close to playing? Thst would be good news.

A lot of hockey players look uncomfortable in suits. They're not all Henrik Lundquist.

My wife took a boatload is pictures at the red carpet entrance for the 2011 All Star Game. She said Hank and Dustin Byfuglien were snappy dressers.

He looked uncomfortable in his suit near the bench when introduced last night. He is really that close to playing? Thst would be good news.
I've seen TVR around in the wild. Dude's a typical male of his age. ... sweats, jeans, hoodies, tees. He's just not a suit guy. Some aren't.

Michael Leighton has officially retired. A true journeyman, Leighton played for 5,405 professional hockey teams including multiple stints with every NHL team, including some that were defunct long before before he was born. His NHL highlights include taking the Flyers to the Cup final (yes, that really happened) and fighting Cam Ward in an AHL game during the lockout.

Michael Leighton has officially retired. A true journeyman, Leighton played for 5,405 professional hockey teams including multiple stints with every NHL team, including some that were defunct long before before he was born. His NHL highlights include taking the Flyers to the Cup final (yes, that really happened) and fighting Cam Ward in an AHL game during the lockout.

For those with a subscription, here is an article from The Athletic.

I thought the Gauthier recall might have been to that nasty head-to-ice fall Wallmark experienced in Florida. Sorry about Marty! Let's hope Gauthier has found his hands-- but keep those legs moving!

I imagine he'll be on LTIR sooner than later, which creates an opportunity to get on CapFriendly to get a better idea of how those rules and calculations work.

Martinook out 6-8 weeks with surgery to fix core muscle injury.
Yeah ... I wondered if something was wrong with Marty. He was doing that thing he did last spring in the playoffs where he had to kind of ramp up to get to full speed. IIRC he had one of those groin issues that's really an abdominal hernia then and those suckers can recur.

Good to see Gauthier get rewarded with the callup even if 4th line duty isn't really his bag. The kid more than earned it.

Yeah ... I wondered if something was wrong with Marty. He was doing that thing he did last spring in the playoffs where he had to kind of ramp up to get to full speed. IIRC he had one of those groin issues that's really an abdominal hernia then and those suckers can recur.

Good to see Gauthier get rewarded with the callup even if 4th line duty isn't really his bag. The kid more than earned it.

That also takes a penalty killer out of the lineup. Marty was averaging 1:41 per game, 6th among forwards behind Aho, Staal, Haula, McGinn and Turbo. Wallmark and Foegele will probably pick up the slack, they’re both below 1 minute per game.

Get well soon - but I am looking forward to seeing Gauthier get some meaningful minutes with the big boys.

Also its funny to see 'new member' under my name when i have been here since 2011 (1997 if you count FanHome or whatever it was). LOL I should post more often

Back