• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Paulie Walnuts

Normally Shaw is in turmoil due to lack of money. Haven't heard anything about them lately so maybe they are doing OK

also Duke,UNC, and NCSU start baseball next Friday. I assume with no fans.

Last edited:

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member

NoMich

That Mars landing today was pretty exciting. It's incredible how we're able to land a fancy SUV in an exact spot on another planet. Just incredible. Yet, ask my kid to put her dirty clothes in the hamper and she always misses the damn thing. By a lot. If you look closely at the first images coming back from Perseverance, you can see some of her dirty socks.

LJG

That Mars landing today was pretty exciting. It's incredible how we're able to land a fancy SUV in an exact spot on another planet. Just incredible. Yet, ask my kid to put her dirty clothes in the hamper and she always misses the damn thing. By a lot. If you look closely at the first images coming back from Perseverance, you can see some of her dirty socks.
They named the craft for her!

dwind

Got my second Pfizer last night at wake county off Poole road.
my appt. was for 1900, left home at 1800 as I figured it would take 45 minutes to get there. Traffic was smooth, for there at 1830. No line, no people. Went through check in, to the nurse in 5 minutes, got my shot, waited 10 minutes and left for home arm1845. Was home by 1915 to watch the game.
i don’t understand what is going on. The first shot was 3 weeks ago and there was a good line and steady movement and total time was over an hour from getting there to walking out. When I left there was still a line outside. Last night nothing only a couple people, most nurses weren’t just sitting there, no lines.

Tryamw

Got my mom her first dose this past week. Pfizer.
My father has both of his doses..(Pfizer) Mom is supposed to get her second this coming week or was it this past week.. regardless she'll be on the good side soon. (Not sure which)

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Got my mom her first dose this past week. Pfizer.
My parents both got their second doses late last week. My Mom got Pfizer, my Dad got Moderna (different docs) ... and I'm thrilled to have them covered. Now if we can talk my wife's Dad into dragging his stubborn butt into the clinic for his. He's not doing great and wouldn't survive a bad cold, much less Coronavirus, but he's a doctor and they're INFURIATING about this kind of stuff sometimes.

HNIM

Exactly the opposite experience from Dwind. Our first visit we showed up early, there was no one waiting and we sailed through. Yesterday there were 8-10 people waiting in the hallway to get called in to the clinic and it took us about an hour to get through the whole process. One guy kept us distracted showing us the pictures of his 9-month old granddaughter who he's never held. He was bursting with excitement at finally being clear to do that.

I was OK all afternoon yesterday. Woke up about 12:15am with crazy chills and body aches. My wife seems to be OK except for the sore arm. By coincidence, my parents got their second yesterday. Dad was complaining about the sore arm four hours later. We'll finally be able to get in to the assisted living facility to see them in a couple of weeks, after they've been locked down for a year.

HurryCanes

Will be waiting a while longer (58 YO). Did have first Shingrix vaccine the other day. Nothing major but a sore arm but as advertised did feel a little wonky for a day after it.