• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Can’t go into a shell for 87 minutes and expect to win. Italy pretty much took over after Shaw’s goal and there were times in the 1st half when all 11 English were behind the ball. It looked like Jose flippin Mourinho at times.

One person on Twitter said Southgate should get the sack immediately and a new coach brought in for next year’s World Cup.

Ted Lasso
England played very much the same way with that 1-0 lead that Argentina did against Brazil the night before. Of course, England don't have DePaul and Messi and DiMaria to take the pressure off with individual escapes and counters.

I said it in the soccer forum, but where Southgate blew it for me was not shifting to the 4-3-3 earlier and not subbing out Kane and Sterling when they failed to produce freaking anything for pretty much the entire 2nd half. The guy has resources, but refuses to use them

Paulie Walnuts

they are now working on putting Blue Ridge Rd under RR tracks and Hillsborough St. I think that will take about 2 years

One thing I found out a few years back is RRs can block a road being put across their tracks if it's not a bridge or tunnel.. Apex added a crossing at street level but they had to shut down another one to make up for it. RRs have a lot of legal power that most people don't know about

NoMich

I hear their symphony every night. A deafening cacophony of buzzing high overhead as I pirouette around the goose shit laden path with the dog around the neighborhood runoff lake.

LJG

Yeah, two blocks from my house. Then my next door neighbor sent out an email that a fox went through his yard this morning. The cats have spent the day indoors, thank you very much. (Our backyard is fenced in so they don't go out and bigger critters don't come in, but still.)
We see foxes fairly regularly

NoMich

We had kind of a fox issue in our neighborhood due to an abandoned house. The house finally got demolished and the fox problem went away.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
We've got several fox dens in my neighborhood. They don't really cause any problems other than scaring the dogs a bit. The real terror in my neighborhood is the murderous white cat that roams around all day and night. He kills mice sure, but he's a freaking menace otherwise. Most of the neighborhood dogs are terrified of that thing.

LJG

We've got several fox dens in my neighborhood. They don't really cause any problems other than scaring the dogs a bit. The real terror in my neighborhood is the murderous white cat that roams around all day and night. He kills mice sure, but he's a freaking menace otherwise. Most of the neighborhood dogs are terrified of that thing.
Shoot it