• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Texas and OK want to join the SEC and it might happen

Could lead to Big 12 imploding with some teams headed to ACC like WV or Kansas since BB is #1 there
Texas almost blew up the Big 12 before when they flirted with the Pac 12 in 2011, with Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State but they wouldn’t share any revenue from the Longhorn Network. I have to believe that will be a sticking point in an attempt to move to the SEC too, although both the Longhorn and SEC Networks are partially owned and operated by ESPN.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
any local places to get good CBD oil? My Dr says try it externally for knee pain.
Not sure, but I do know this ... if you Google that question you'll get popup ads for CBD oil and pretty much every other homeopathic remedy for the rest of your natural life

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The NFL will drop the hammer in teams who can’t play due to a Covid outbreak among unvaccinated players/staff. If the game can’t be rescheduled within the 18 week/17 game schedule framework, the team will forfeit and be credited with a loss for playoff seeding purposes. The offending tram may also be liable to make the other team whole economically, whether that means paying the nominal gate receipts or reimbursing for travel or whatever the case may be.

But here is the kicker and one designed to force players to get vaccinated under pressure from their already vaccinated teammates and peers; if the game is canceled, none of the players, regardless of which team, get paid for that week.

Paulie Walnuts

losing a weeks pay is not good but not a real issue when you make millions. Unless the guy is dumb and way in debt which does happen

a lot of retired NFL guys go bankrupt since they spent too much and their income goes to 0.

cmon3

losing a weeks pay is not good but not a real issue when you make millions. Unless the guy is dumb and way in debt which does happen

a lot of retired NFL guys go bankrupt since they spent too much and their income goes to 0.
Yep. Keep telling yourself that. You think the other 105 guys that lose a weeks pay are going to be ok with it?

bagopux

What's the definition of insanity? Repeatedly attempting the same thing with no changed results?
That’s actually not the definition of insanity with which people generally associate the expression. Never has been and is not even close. It’s maybe the definition of hard-headedness or stubbornness, but if that’s what passes for insanity, there are a lot of people on the loose who are positively nuts.

Nor is it attributable to Einstein, which many people claim (with no evidence).

Sorry, pet peeve of mine (said the psych major).

NoMich

I intentionally slightly screwed up the Einstein quote for the sake of humor. I see that it fell completely flat. Oh well. But I learned that the quote attributed to Einstein is BS, so I have that going for me.

HNIM

That’s actually not the definition of insanity with which people generally associate the expression. Never has been and is not even close. It’s maybe the definition of hard-headedness or stubbornness, but if that’s what passes for insanity, there are a lot of people on the loose who are positively nuts.

Nor is it attributable to Einstein, which many people claim (with no evidence).

Sorry, pet peeve of mine (said the psych major).

I have always maintained that is not the definition of insanity, it's the definition of stupidity.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Cleveland Indians are no more. They’re re-branding as the Guardians. They got rid of Chief Wahoo before the 2019 season and announced last year that they were moving away from “Indians” and hoped to be complete before the 2022 season.