• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Tenn fired their FB coach due to NCAA issues but fans wanted him gone for losing too much. AD is retiring too so the new AD will hire new coach Maybe Doeren gets anothe offer from UT

For the first time in since December 1982, neither Duke or UNC are in the AP basketball poll. Add Kentucky and it’s the first time since December 1961.

For the first time in since December 1982, neither Duke or UNC are in the AP basketball poll. Add Kentucky and it’s the first time since December 1961.
Be interesting to see the 1961 poll and see who else was missing.

That's crazy that a Jordan team was unranked. This was the 1982-83 season and UNC made it to the Elite 8 where they got beat by Georgia. Can anyone remind me what team of destiny won the championship that season?

That's crazy that a Jordan team was unranked. This was the 1982-83 season and UNC made it to the Elite 8 where they got beat by Georgia. Can anyone remind me what team of destiny won the championship that season?

I can’t remember.

Carolina opened that season with losses to St. John’s and Missouri, dropping them from 3rd in the preseason poll. They held on until tthe December 20 pool and dropped out and remained out until the January 3 poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982–83_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_basketball_rankings

I remember how deliriously happy Raleigh was when State won the NCAA title in 1974. We rode around with normally responsible adults, who were steadily drinking, honking the horn, cheering & waving to everybody we saw. We only stopped when the adults ran out of beer. It was a different time.

Jim

I remember how deliriously happy Raleigh was when State won the NCAA title in 1974. We rode around with normally responsible adults, who were steadily drinking, honking the horn, cheering & waving to everybody we saw. We only stopped when the adults ran out of beer. It was a different time.

Jim
Can't say I remember that... since I was born after it...

Back