• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Jeff Bezos might buy the DC football team with his pocket change

Tiger Woods in car crash , they had to use jaws of life to get him out of car. In LA at 7 this morning

Last edited:
Sacramento MLS lost their main investor . They are on hold

Raleigh might give tax breaks for downtown south

Maybe Dundon could invest in MLS here? It has to be better for him than AAF

Sacramento MLS lost their main investor . They are on hold

Raleigh might give tax breaks for downtown south

Maybe Dundon could invest in MLS here? It has to be better for him than AAF
Again, you're presuming that MLS still would see Raleigh as a viable market even after awarding a franchise to Charlotte. I honestly don't think that's the case at all, regardless of what ends up happening with a stadium in Downtown South ... which I still suspect will end up being nothing, or something scaled down to be more appropriate for NWSL/USL/Regional Use.

Very fast growing area with lots of kids playing soccer is not viable? I admit the stadium is still a big issue unless they find deep pockets somewhere. Doesn't make sense for Kane and others to build a smaller stadium downtown unless it is built to expand.

Very fast growing area with lots of kids playing soccer is not viable? I admit the stadium is still a big issue unless they find deep pockets somewhere. Doesn't make sense for Kane and others to build a smaller stadium downtown unless it is built to expand.
Absent a deep pocketed investor, Raleigh is not viable, stadium or not. And Malik isn’t that investor. If Sacramento can’t get their act together, one of the other losing bidders, Detroit, Phoenix or maybe San Diego (with Landon Donovan on board) will probably be invited. Sacramento wasn’t slated to come in until 2023, so they still have time to salvage that bid, if they can find enough investment to replace Burkle.

Back