• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

I spent 2 weeks in Port Of Spain on business in 1982 and flew to Tobago for a day to snorkel on Buccoo Reef. Sadly, I was with a couple of homebodies and we ate too many meals at our hotel, so I never saw much beyond the ride from the hotel to the office.
I had to wait out some nasty weather at the airport in Trinidad one time when we got diverted there while flying to Barbados. Somehow I failed to run into anyone important, although the border agent who insisted on checking our passports THOUGHT he was important.

I spent 2 weeks in Port Of Spain on business in 1982 and flew to Tobago for a day to snorkel on Buccoo Reef. Sadly, I was with a couple of homebodies and we ate too many meals at our hotel, so I never saw much beyond the ride from the hotel to the office.
That's sad

I edited that post.

A little miffed I didn't get it right off. I still listen to the underground.

I edited that post.

A little miffed I didn't get it right off. I still listen to the underground.
So do I.

Walked into my daughter's dorm room last August (boarding h/s at School of the Arts) and her roommate had the Warhol album cover poster up. Seems the girl likes bananas or some such. Clearly more adult themed lyrics.

Lou Reed played a show in chapel hole back about 1985. He had a guitar player who was a doppleganger for one of my uncles, who also was also a guitar player. Was a WTF??? moment. Great show.

So do I.

Walked into my daughter's dorm room last August (boarding h/s at School of the Arts) and her roommate had the Warhol album cover poster up. Seems the girl likes bananas or some such. Clearly more adult themed lyrics.

Lou Reed played a show in chapel hole back about 1985. He had a guitar player who was a doppleganger for one of my uncles, who also was also a guitar player. Was a WTF??? moment. Great show.
At least he didn't flame out like Don MacLean. He was butcher his own songs.

Cat Stevens
James Taylor
Lou Reed

That stuff.

I got my youngest into classic rock so I'm happy. No rap played in my house.

My kid hates everything except classical. Her latest favorites are the scores from Miyazaki films and the music from the game Zelda

I had to wait out some nasty weather at the airport in Trinidad one time when we got diverted there while flying to Barbados. Somehow I failed to run into anyone important, although the border agent who insisted on checking our passports THOUGHT he was important.
My company chose not to get work visas for us. The story we were supposed to tell at immigration was that we were there for a few days of meetings and then going to Tobago for vacation. The agent asked me where in Tobago I was staying so I told him the Holiday Inn. He said there wasn't one on Tobago and handed me a tourist brochure and told me to pick. I pointed at one and he let me in.

Fayetteville got a team in a new professional indoor soccer league. As someone who played lots of indoor soccer, I’m very much looking forward to checking them out. League will have a men’s and women’s division and home games will be doubleheader’s with both the men and women’s teams playing. Starting with 4 teams (Memphis is the other right now) and plan to go national in 2-3 years. Not exactly MLS but indoor soccer is always entertaining.

Fayetteville got a team in a new professional indoor soccer league. As someone who played lots of indoor soccer, I’m very much looking forward to checking them out. League will have a men’s and women’s division and home games will be doubleheader’s with both the men and women’s teams playing. Starting with 4 teams (Memphis is the other right now) and plan to go national in 2-3 years. Not exactly MLS but indoor soccer is always entertaining.
I went to a couple of MISL games in college and they were a blast. Played a season at the Soccerdome in Raleigh and it was less fun.

I went to a couple of MISL games in college and they were a blast. Played a season at the Soccerdome in Raleigh and it was less fun.

I had a scholarship to play soccer in college but chose baseball instead. So in the off-season I’d play indoor soccer to stay in shape.

My company chose not to get work visas for us. The story we were supposed to tell at immigration was that we were there for a few days of meetings and then going to Tobago for vacation. The agent asked me where in Tobago I was staying so I told him the Holiday Inn. He said there wasn't one on Tobago and handed me a tourist brochure and told me to pick. I pointed at one and he let me in.
Sounds familiar ... we were also in the West Indies on business (looking at land for resort hotel developments that never came to be ... mercifully) but traveling as tourists. Fun times ... I don't miss that nonsense at ALL.

Durham Bulls pitcher Tyler Zombro hit in the head by a line drive tonight. Video was awful. If had seen it in person I probably would have puked. Poor guy. Hope he’s ok.
Zombro was released from the hospital yesterday. I hadn't been following this after that night, but he had to undergo emergency brain surgery and he is now "transitioning to outpatient occupational and speech therapy".

I knew it was serious but didn't know it was THAT serious.

Back